+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Drinking too much water can kill you -Exercise-Associated Hyponatraemia

Advert.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze

Drinking too much water can kill you -Exercise-Associated Hyponatraemia

Advert.
    It was shocking to see that if you drink too much water, it can kill you. From ages we are told that drink water as much as you can. But recent studies shows that it can dilute body fluids and can cause fatal effect on human body.

From news:

Due to excessive water consumption, people have died of over-hydration, which goes by the name of Exercise-Associated Hyponatraemia (EAH). In simple terms, it means that you have drank too much water and the excess has diluted your body fluids so much that the sodium levels have become life-threateningly low, causing cells to swell. That includes brain cells leading to loss of consciousness, seizures and even coma and death. For long-distance runners, this can be a particular hazard. With half-marathons and marathons being all the rage, runners while practicing must resist the temptation to tank themselves up with too much water.

Now that is very informative, what do you feel ?

Riya Sahal
    Riya Sahal is offline Newbie
    You've got to be kidding me?
    I thought drinking water ( in excess) keeps stomach, kidneys and intestines CLEAN :O
    Where did you get this news from?

Aarish Rizvi
    No it is true, I read it on Times of India and they have valid reasons, when you take so much of water, your kidney has to work harder to get rid of excess liquid. They suggest, only drink when you are thirsty and do not gulp down water all at once rather just take few sips at regular interval.

manojbhagat
    manojbhagat is offline eTI Iron
    Agreed with Riya sahal, its shocking news for me i don't think water will kill us. Don't mind!

Anand mohan
    Anand mohan is offline eTI Copper
    That's interesting!!! but how much is there any measurements like more than 5L , 6L or more.
    Thank you!
    Anand Mohan

swapnilramani
    swapnilramani is offline eTI Iron
    This indeed is shocking but not shocking enough as it is always said that over consumption or intake of anything leads to undesirable effects on health then it may happen with water too, but Aarish I am slightly surprised seeing this post can you post some link where did you find that study so that we can get more clear about it.

7. Advert.

Aarish Rizvi
    I read this on times of India and now finding the link for you..

Source

+ Post a Comment HERE!