+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

bajaj avenger and cruisers

Advert.

cruiserman
    cruiserman is offline Just in!

bajaj avenger and cruisers

Advert.
    Is the bajaj avenger coming out in a 220 variant or better still a twin v in 250 or 300 cc range or any other cruiser bikes (besides unreliable enfield or ridiculously expensive imports) will be available soon.?
    Desperate for a good cruiser bike not made for teenagers!! thanks.

cruiserman

cruiserman

Re: bajaj avenger and cruisers

what, no replies...c'mon guys...

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Well, I am too looking for some decent Cruiser bike to be available in India.

I think there is no plan from Bajaj to launch upgraded Avenger. For time being, there is only one good option is Aquilla from Hyosung motors provided Kinetic in India.
    But I am not sure if it is still available. Its V-twin and a good cruiser though !

cruiserman

Yeah, Aquila, not available since quite a while- thanks for writing in tho.Maybe I will just go in for the avnger for now.
    It is quite strange that NONE of the bike manufacturers have bothered to come out with a decent powered bike aka 250 to 350 cc (i'm not counting enfield here!!). They have either the aam aadmi hero honda's and college kid pulsars or massive 1000 to 1800 cc (yamaha) monsters which probably wont get out of 2nd gear on our roads AND cost twice as much as what my friend would pay for in Japan or Australia.
    I was having a look at kawasaki's international website, and they have the vulcan 500 ltd. Oooooooh!! What i would'nt give to get my hands on that one!
    Oh well, maybe I just have to pretend to be a GOD for the next year or two until they come out with a bike that really makes me feel like one.....

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Well, I read somewhere that its still available at very selective outlets, may be not an authentic info.

Anyways, Avenger is good but not really an style ICON from point of view of decent cruiser. Other option is go for Enfield, modify it (get modified). My idea is to modify it but maintaining original Royal enfield spirit but also making sure that it fulfills most of my requirement.

Basically I will do so for myself as soon as I find some good enough people to modify enfield for me (until we don't have some other choice) but I am not in hurry You know its just an alternate way but not the cool way

Just to add here, I had Bajaj Eliminator for few years.. sort of mixed feeling about owing that bike. I was exited to own that bike but not proud enough :P

cruiserman

Well, I'm going to call up kinetic tomorrow and ask them about the Aquila, but I'm not holding my breath.
    A good friend of mine rode enfield over a period of 15 years all over India but finally ended up buying an avenger through sheer frustration with the Enfield. (constant breakdowns, two complete engine changes, etc etc.)

The saying goes; Buy an enfield, hire a mechanic!

He's pretty happy with the avenger, he says it's a good bike for a solo rider with luggage -but not powerfl enuf for pillion rider and luggage - specially for long trips a la Leh - Ladakh.

So This all leaves me pretty undecided for now.

Lets see what the kinetic guys say...

7. Advert.

Abhishekjp
    Abhishekjp is offline Just in!

Hi.. dude .. Aquila is no more available for sale..even i wanted to buy one..You can only hope for a second hand aquila.. i have seen quite a few aquilas for sale but none of them wwas in a better shape...bye

cruiserman

Yeah...

+ Post a Comment HERE!