The design is one of the things I quite liked about the handset when I first saw it. It’s a sleek, balanced handset that won’t protrude out of your pocket and elicit witticisms such as “Is that your mobile or are you just happy to see me?” The steel and black finish impart an air or class and refinement.

One minor drawback is the 2.8" TFT touchscreen. I’m sure it wouldn't have made Samsung bankrupt to take it up a notch to 3 inches. The resolution is 240 x 320 pixels with 256K colors. The speaker and secondary cam (which is well concealed) are located above the display. The F850 has a simple three-button control below the display. All you see are Call and End keys, and a shortcut key in between.
The handset weighs a scant 100g, so needless to say it’s quite comfortable to tote around. On one of the slim sides you’ll find the volume control for everything, including the touch feedback from the Haptics to the sound. Just below that is a microSD card slot. A dedicated camera key is locted on the other side, below where Samsung has placed its proprietary USB/ charging/ earphone socket. A small screen lock switch is located on the top.