+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Boy's family accepted but my (girl's) family is against love marriage

Advert.

helpme
    helpme is offline Just in!

Boy's family accepted but my (girl's) family is against love marriage

Advert.
    I am 26 yrs old .I am deeply in love with a boy I yr elder to me . we both want 2 marry each other.as my family has only my mom dad and my younger sis.the boy is too caring and his family has agreed though my family doesnt knows about this.there is no dowry demand also.I am working in a reputed bank as officer and the boy too is manager in mnc.but kasr week when I told my mom that dont search partner 4 me as I want 2 marry somebody else she was very angry as dhe is very orthodox my father will convince but my mom is the only decision maker .the probkem is I sm thakur and the boy is gupta.kindle help me what 2 do.on one side I am hsppy that boys family has no issues but how to convince my mom she is very orthodox.....

sameeksha
    sameeksha is offline eTI Member
    Hey girl,

Your problem doesn't seem to be a big issue. You dad is supporting you that's the most positive thing in your relation. Tell your bf and his family and invite them for some dinner and they will try convincing your mother. Secondly talk to your mother as to why she is opposing this relationship. Don't be angry or aggressive as this will spoil your relationship with your mother. It will take time but surely something will work out. At the end of the day she is your mother she kept you in your womb for 9 months and brought you to this world so she wants your happiness. So stay positive and try to convince them.

swapnilramani
    swapnilramani is offline eTI Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by helpme View Post
    I am 26 yrs old .I am deeply in love with a boy I yr elder to me . we both want 2 marry each other.as my family has only my mom dad and my younger sis.the boy is too caring and his family has agreed though my family doesnt knows about this.there is no dowry demand also.I am working in a reputed bank as officer and the boy too is manager in mnc.but kasr week when I told my mom that dont search partner 4 me as I want 2 marry somebody else she was very angry as dhe is very orthodox my father will convince but my mom is the only decision maker .the probkem is I sm thakur and the boy is gupta.kindle help me what 2 do.on one side I am hsppy that boys family has no issues but how to convince my mom she is very orthodox.....
    I can understand your situation, but the good thing as Sameeksha said here is that your father is supporting you with this marriage and this makes your situation a bit easy, invite you boyfriend with his family to your house for a dinner and let the elders talk to each other about it, tell your Dad to have a talk to your mom and try to convince her for this marriage, because the acceptance of the parents for the marriage is the biggest problem that most of the couples face, but to your good, it is not much big issue as it can be overcomed if your boyfriend may be able to convince your mom, tell him to be simple and straight forward in whatever he wants to speak and tell him to show a good concern and friendliness towards your mother as he has to convince her for the marriage. And trust me Mother's always have a soft-corner for boys, and so if he is able to convince your mother with his charm and simpleness than you might not face any problem. I hope for the best with your marriage and good luck be happy.

+ Post a Comment HERE!