+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

where is urdu langueag come from ?

Advert.

tousif khan
    tousif khan is offline eTI Member

where is urdu language come from ?

Advert.
    Hi, Guys as we all know that English is a language which is come from Britain ,same as Urdu is a language and i don't now where it is from, I asked someone and he answered me that it came with mughals , But mughls language was Farsi.
    Last edited by tousif khan; 06-23-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    From my general understanding, it originated from India itself. Searching around on internet, I found following as most reliable information :

The word ‘ Urdu ‘ is derived from Turkish word ‘ Ordu ‘ meaning ‘ Army Camp ‘ or ‘Lashkar ‘ . Exact origin of ‘ Urdu ‘ is some what difficult to trace; but many different theories have been developed to explain it. Mohammad Hussain Azad, an eminent Indian scholar, believes that Brij Bhasha, a dialect of Western Hindi, is the mother language of Urdu. Later on the invasion of Delhi by Muslims engrafted many Persian elements, which resulted in the creation of a new hybrid language called Urdu.

Mehmud Sherani, on the contrary, maintains that Urdu language originated due to the interaction and intermixing of Muslim soldiers and locals (Hindus) after the conquest of Punjab and sindh by Mehmud of Ghazni. During this era many Punjabi words and idioms got interwoven in Hindi of Delhi and thus a new language came into being.

But the most established theory relating the origination, evolution and development of Urdu language is that Urdu is a conglomeration of many different languages manly Arabic, Persian, Pashtu, Turkish, Hindi and some local dialects of India. Muslims ruled over India for about 1,000 years. Muslim army comprised of soldiers of different origins and nationalities speaking different languages. Interaction among these soldiers and with the locals led to the development of a new language, mutually understood by all. This new language named as ‘ Urdu ‘ proved to be a unifying communication tool between the Muslim soldiers during their conquest of ancient India (including Mayanmar).
    I hope it will help you.

+ Post a Comment HERE!
X
Have Question? Ask now free!