+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Steps and procedures for applying student visa in USA?

Advert.

subwaj hohgaye Guest

Steps and procedures for applying student visa in USA?

Advert.
    HI, i have completed by graduation from BCA stream and want to complete my master from united states of america. I know that best universities accept gmat score but i am preparing for that, query of mine is i want to know how to apply for student visa in USA.

Details the step and procedures please.

Anuj Lahari
    Anuj Lahari is offline eTI Member

Steps and procedures for applying student visa in USA

Studying in the USA as an international student is an exciting opportunity, but it involves several steps to obtain the necessary student visa. Here's a breakdown of the process:

Step 1: Know Your Visa Type

To study in the USA, you'll need a student visa. The type you need depends on your program:

F visa: If you're going for a full-time academic program.
    M visa: For full-time vocational programs.
    J visa: If you're joining an exchange program.

Step 2: Get Accepted

First, get accepted by a U.S. school approved by SEVP. They'll give you a Form I-20 (for F and M visas) or a DS-2019 (for J visas).

Step 3: Fill Out the DS-160 Form

Go online and complete the DS-160 form. It's like telling them who you are and why you're coming to the USA. Don't forget to add a good photo of yourself.

Step 4: Pay the Fees

You'll have to pay two fees:
    Visa Application Fee (around $160 USD, but check for the latest): It's the cost to apply for your visa.
    SEVIS I-901 Fee: This is specific to your program type. Keep the receipt as proof.

Step 5: Book a Visa Interview

After paying the SEVIS fee, book a visa interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate closest to you. Check their website for waiting times and procedures.

Step 6: Gather Your Papers

For the interview, get these ready:

• Your Form I-20 or DS-2019.
    • Confirmation page for your DS-160 form.
    • Passport (it should be good for at least six months after your studies).
    • Receipt for the visa fee.
    • Proof of SEVIS fee payment.
    • A few passport-sized photos.
    • Your school records and diplomas.
    • Test scores if you have any (like TOEFL or IELTS).
    • Proof of ties to India (showing you'll go back after studies).

Step 7: The Interview

At your visa interview, just be yourself and be honest. The officer will look at your papers and ask you some questions. If everything goes well, you'll get a visa in your passport.

Remember, this is your key to studying in the USA. Once you have it, you're good to go. And hey, don't worry, lots of students do this, and you can too. Good luck, and enjoy your time in the USA! 🇺🇸📚

+ Post a Comment HERE!