+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Few Suggestions for a better etalkindia

Advert.

Pulkit
    Pulkit is offline eTI Aluminium

Thumbs up Few Suggestions for a better etalkindia

Advert.
    Hi Admin,

Your website is running very well indeed. I just had a chance to see the stats of the website, which I must say are very promising. Also, that many people are following up the website on Facebook clearly shows its visibility and popularity.

Now, by that virtue, I suggest this is the time when you should come up with better things, new creative add-on and other things.
    I have some suggestions lined up for you to consider and I would really admire others input as well.

Suggestions:

1) Well, I don't know or rather I am not sure if this is happening now but how would it be if you start practice sending birthday wishes on member's registered email ids or making them visible in dynamic animated thread on the website's homepage.

2) As per latest stats, your forum Love, Friendship and Relationship Advice is by far the most visited one and with maximum number of posts in it. How about making it a different section all together so that "Unregistered" people who are visiting this website with their issues, get to easily navigate to the forum ?

3) You can as well come up with different themes of the website, some online fun activities so as to make this website more creative and appealing.

4) Introduction of chat, if not done so far, can be considered. You can have members chat to each other in an open forum

5) You can have inputs from your side as well. Link to other websites of utility, etc.

These are points that just crossed my mind and so I thought of sharing them with you. I am sure, others might also have their version of suggestions and feed backs as well.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to this website.

manojbhagat
    manojbhagat is offline eTI Iron

RE: Few Suggestions for a better etalkindia

Hey our etalk india forum is running so better i also recently saw a better popularity on social media, and your suggestions are also good i liked it thank you so much if i have any i will let your know, thank you so much

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium
    I think we do not need chat because Chat will then defeat the purpose of topics. May be people will then prefer chat and will not ask question properly. But best is creating topics because it gets time to both of the person to think and then answer with their own convenience.

I think we need all kind of people and some technically advance too because there are many tech question never attended.

Thanks

swapnilramani
    swapnilramani is offline eTI Iron
    well pulkit,
    I suggest you to work on the point of making love and relationship advices a different sub forum so that it would be easy for navigating for unregistered users also, I have been seeing that there are many unregistered members seeking advices, for relationships advices, I suggest you to promote our forum to make them register with us to stay with us and also help others to solve there issues also this will help them to invent their talents in advicing and writing too..

Anand mohan
    Anand mohan is offline eTI Copper
    I agree with Savera what a nice name you have, chat will definitely create a mess. Birthday wishes are nice idea to go with and apart from this i think eti should also send thought of the day which can be inspiring, motivational and stuff like that which people like and share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Savera View Post
    I think we do not need chat because Chat will then defeat the purpose of topics. May be people will then prefer chat and will not ask question properly. But best is creating topics because it gets time to both of the person to think and then answer with their own convenience.

I think we need all kind of people and some technically advance too because there are many tech question never attended.

Thanks
    Thank you!
    Anand Mohan

Admin
    Admin is offline Administrator
    We have enabled option so that Guests can also ask question, this way may people register later when they get good advice here.

Regarding birthday wishes, it can be done, infact I will try to do it in this week itself. .

For making separate forum forum "love and relationship advice". It already a forum, are you asking about creating category for it ? Besides, link to love and relationship advice is on home page at top itself.

I have experience of running forum from long and I know CHAT can even kill a forum, I have applied it in few other forums and later removed it as it was hurting more than actually giving any benefit. However, if we have really tonnes of active users then chat is useful. Nevertheless to say, chat requires very high resources and expertise to implement it.

We actually need activity in section because generally people just come and ask for advice and then never returns, specially "Love and advice" but I have seen people coming for help in Tech etc. also try to get active.

Looking forward for more ideas and suggestions.
    You may want to read:

Thought of the Moment:
    A community is all about helping each other.

7. Advert.

Pulkit

Exclamation

Hi Guys,

Okay fine, lets drop the idea of chat.

The birthday idea is taken and I am looking forward to it.

@Admin : Regarding the thing that people just visit the forum with their problems without registering and then never return, I personally have no problem in answering their queries on Love, Friendship and Relationship Advice section.

To stop this, what I feel you can do is, allow them to post a question but when they return back to view the advice, redirect them to your Sign Up page every time they click on the link so that they are forced to sign up and sign in to view the answer. Like, when I am signed off and I click on a member's name to view his profile, I am redirected to the Login page.

I might sound very naive on this, but this is just a suggestion. Or may be, you can redirect every Unregistered person to your Sign Up page when he clicks the Submit button. If he is willing to have a solution from any of us, he will certainly sign up to make an account with the website.

We certainly cannot stop everyone from viewing the forum but we can perhaps ask them to sign up to make an account.

Also, yes I know the link to Love, Friendship and Relationship Advice forum is given on the home page. I am talking about making it a separate category. You can also consider making Tech as a separate category.

Please say something on the introduction of new themes on the website which changes every week or month or howsoever you may want it. Introduction to jokes, fun corner with fun activities or thought for the day as Anand suggested can be considered.

Inputs are welcome !!
    All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

Admin
    First of all Thank you Pulkit for your valuable comments.

I see no simple way to make user to register when they get back to see answer to their query as we can't identify whether he is a new guest viewing that query or he is the one who asked it. However, there are few ways we can encourage users to register / join like when they have views 5 pages on eTI , now they need to register to see further.

Now coming to your advice to have separate section for Love and relationship, technology as well Humor then I am little confused here, its already there on eTI :
    Just see Homepage of eTI, everything is classified in category and then sub-category and so on. Infact I have created eTI in such a way that I find it very nicely organized and easy to use. Have tried to make home page easy to understand and less cluttered.

Regarding changing theme or design every week or month then it is something not easy as eTI has been customized to a extent that creating new design is time taking task, if you remember, eTI was all RED previously, I had improved its design in order to make it more professional and easy on eyes. When I get time I will try to come up with more designs for eTI.
    You may want to read:

Thought of the Moment:

Pulkit
    Hi Admin,

Ok. I am fine with your first input to this that you can encourage unregistered people to join etalkindia after they have viewed 5 pages or so. This can be done.

Regarding point number 2, a separate category for Love, Friendship and Relationship Advice, I know on the homepage of your website you have given a link to the forum page. My point was to make it ( and, technology forum as well ) easily accessible to the people because those are the most visited ones. Though there is a link given to it but if you skip the link and scroll down till the end to reach Misc Discussions -> Love, Friendship and Relationship Advice, that was too long a route. But its okay now.

Regarding the theme, I remember it was red previously which was changed later. Some concept can be utilized to change themes on a more frequent basis from your end or members can change themes on their own, customize the website on their own. Nothing more than changing background color like social networking websites. Or you can put themes that are event based..like Google's image changes every time there is a global event or some important day..someone's birthday.

See, I understand doing a lot of programming will be a very difficult and tiring job for you. Moreover, since you are working on pure HTML, you don't have much options. I just want your website to look more appealing so that people don't just take it as a reading forum, but also as an entertainment. A forum with a difference.

Regarding the birthday thing you said birthday wishes will appear on the website. Please do it. People will really appreciate unknown strangers wishing them on their bdays. This will also narrow down the gap and will bring people closer.

Small changes can be done from time to time.

Pulkit
    Hi Admin,

Any input to this post ?
    As discussed, please provide birthday updates for the members on the homepage.

Anything else you could come out with ?

Admin
    Hello Pulkit,

I must apologize for delay for comment on this topic, I completely lost track of it due to my busy schedule. If I remember, I had enabled feature to send Birthday wishes automatically when there is a birthday of any member. However, now I see you have suggestion to have Upcoming birthday on Homepage, well, that can be done. Again will do it sometime soon but I don't see any significant benefit from it.

Coming to changing design or Logos, well that is actually very time consuming task, making a unique logo which is professional as well regularly need someone dedicated to work on it, it may sound easy but again designing new theme is very time consuming task and for a small website like us is not affordable. However, if we grows, definitely we can have dedicated team which can work constantly to improve user experience as well as feature of site.

eTI is not simple HTML, it runs on very complex software which uses dynamic pages , database and HTML is only used to show you front end. If a website is simple HTML, you can only read it, it can't change itself , eg. when you are logged in, it says "Welcome Pulkit". When you make a post, it is stored in database, an ID is given to that post which gets associated to your account. Then it is shown in list of comments / posts and when someone opens it, it is retrieved from database and then shown along with your name.

Right now need of time is more people and discussion and that is how I see other forums flourishing, like we should have discussion on current topics, share your views with each other apart of answering questions.

Also, if you observe closely, every member's profile has feature to change its background, color and customize it. You can change background of your profile, color etc. easily but I don't see many people using it.
    You may want to read:

Thought of the Moment:

Pulkit
    Hi Admin,

Yeah. I understand the technicalities involved behind this website. Its fine, if nothing can be done on the themes. I suggested few amendments because, observing the footfall of people on this website, I felt something more can be done. Something that can be implemented easily with less effort and capital that can attract more visitors. Obviously, you understand things more deeply as you have ample experience in running forums - Yoindia Shayariadab and eTalkIndia.

I know about Profile customization and I have used it once, but removed, as it wasn't appealing. I am planning to make a Group, but couldn't find how to do it? Please help me on this.

Fine with everything else. Slowly and steadily you can work out on different things like, a marque with thought for the day. If you want people to interact( in a nice manner), something like a "Life Confessions" thing can be introduced ( It's very famous on Facebook, I have heard ) where people can confess something they have done or want to do etc.

On a very frank note, this forum is one of the best forums I have come across. So, I want to make it really famous if not globally, than atleast in India. People should visit it almost daily. I hope you understand my point. So, I just wanted to make it more appealing and catchy. If you have a team looking after it, you all can sit and discuss about it.

Rest all is fine. Admin !

Thanks for considering !!

swapnilramani
    swapnilramani is offline eTI Iron
    Please Please Please fix the problems of submitting the comments via UC Browser on the Cell Phones or any other browsers on the Cell Phones.......

+ Post a Comment HERE!