+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Biostar motherboard not working

Advert.

geets
    geets is offline eTI Member

Unhappy Biostar motherboard not working

Advert.
    My Biostar TA 990 FXE motherboard has conked off. I had bought it at Mumbai last October, and is still under warranty. The issue is that now I've shifted to my home-town, Ludhiana, and no-one here provide support for Biostar. If I take it to a local vendor, then the warranty will get void. I talked to Biostar distributor, Abacus peripherals and they said I should send the motherboard to them; they will repair it or replace it. I do not believe in sending the motherboard to them and if I get it repaired locally the warranty will get void; what should I do?

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium
    Abacus is their official service provider in India and you have to send them and get RMA receipt. That is the only way.

sandeep007
    sandeep007 is offline Newbie
    I too had a similar issue with my Biostar mobo. It was replaced with a new one after I sent it to Abacus in Mumbai, who are their authorized distributors. When you talk to them, take the RMA receipt and also if possible take the RMA incharge's details; it comes handy in case of follow up. The only expense would be the shipping charges. Also do check if your mobo will be repaired or replaced.

geets
    Thanks Savera and Sandeep007 .. I also thought it would be appropriate to get the Biostar motherboard repaired from authorized dealers rather than from a local shop. The only expense i had to borne was of couriering it to Abacus Mumbai. Had initiated the RMA by calling them and mentioning the same on the package while sending the defective motherboard to them. Got confirmation call of receipt from them and will have to wait till their engineer tests the motherboard and see if it will be repaired or replaced.

technocrat
    technocrat is offline eTI Member
    Have you been able to get your Biostar motherboard repaired? How was the RMA process. I checked on Abacus website they have service/support center in Ludhiana, so why didn't you gave your motherboard there?

geets
    I got the motherboard back, it has been repaired and is functioning properly. I was told even if I go to Abacus Ludhiana center, the motherboard if having a major issue will be sent to mumbai center only and that will increase the turn-around time. So, I was issued a RMA number, which i quoted on the the package while couriering it, and in exactly 10 working days I got my motherboard back. The only major factor to get it RMAed was to have peace of mind that it is being repaired by authorised Biostar technician and not by a local repair guy. Simple straightforward process, nothing more to say.

7. Advert.

technocrat
    technocrat is offline eTI Member
    Thats all. Ok. Thanks for sharing your experience.

sandeep007
    sandeep007 is offline Newbie
    As far as I knew, Abacus has RMA centers across India. But for me it was convenient as I was in Mumbai and went to their office to get the RMA for my Biostar motherboard.

sukiblr
    sukiblr is offline Just in!

Abacus has more RMA centres for Biostar and Sparkle

Abacus has improved its RMA service and opened more support centres across india.

We too had a similar with one of our design machines running a Biostar Hifi series mobo. It was repaired and shipped back within a week.

+ Post a Comment HERE!