+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Your SIM card can be hacked with Hidden message - Study revealed.

Advert.

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium

Angry Your SIM card can be hacked with Hidden message - Study revealed.

Advert.
    Hi , here is a stunning news published in forbes, as per forbes website.

------------------------------
    German cryptographer Karsten Nohl claims to have finally found encryption and software flaws that could affect millions of SIM cards, and open up another route on mobile phones for surveillance and fraud.

Nohl, who will be presenting his findings at the Black Hat security conference in Las Vegas on July 31, says his is the first hack of its kind in a decade, and comes after he and his team tested close to 1,000 SIM cards for vulnerabilities, exploited by simply sending a hidden SMS. The two-part flaw, based on an old security standard and badly configured code, could allow hackers to remotely infect a SIM with a virus that sends premium text messages (draining a mobile phone bill), surreptitiously re-direct and record calls, and — with the right combination of bugs — carry out payment system fraud.
    ---------------------------------
    Src

Now this is amazing, so they can simply compromise your phone with a text message.. woah.. thats not acceptable. And I think you can't do anything about it..

Be aware friends.

ramcharan1990
    ramcharan1990 is offline eTI Member
    This would be a major threat. Telecom providers should ensure that SMSes being sent over their networks are not having any malicious content. Thats the only way to stop any outages. Later on they can go on and provide new SIM-cards which are not having this flaw.

+ Post a Comment HERE!