+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Satyam Banned for business with World Bank-Case of Data Theft ?

Advert.

Khabri
    Khabri is offline eTI Iron

Satyam Banned for business with World Bank-Case of Data Theft ?

Advert.

Satyam computers have been banned by Word Bank to do any offshore work with them. Forensic research showed that few computers at World bank had spy software installed. As per forensic agents reports, they were secretly installed by one or more contractor from Satyam. They said that software who log every key of the workstation were installed. It is not yet clear whom the information being sent but after discovering this server security compromise, the bank had shut the link between World Bank and Satyam Computers - Chennai.

Fox News claims that outsiders have raided the World Bank Group's computer network, one of the largest repositories of sensitive data about the economies of every nation, repeatedly for more than a year. It is still not known how much information was stolen. But sources inside the bank confirm that servers in the institution's highly restricted treasury unit were deeply penetrated with spy software last April. Invaders also had full access to the rest of the bank's network for nearly a month in June and July.

In 2003, Satyam won a lucrative five-year "sole source" contract to design, write and maintain all of the World Bank's information systems. The contract, which began at $10 million, had grown to over $100 million by 2007. This year, the contract was not renewed.

While responding on this news, Satyam denies the possibility of any data theft. They said that they maintain a high level of standard while their operations. The news speculated by meida has no validity.

Interestingly, later after the news broadcast from fox news, Bank spokesperson clarified that the “story is wrong and is riddled with falsehoods and errors. The story cites misinformation from unattributed sources and leaked emails that are taken out of context.”

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: Satyam Banned for business with World Bank-Case of Data Theft ?

Reading various material regarding same, I do not agree that it is really a fault of Satyam guys. I have seen how unaware people are at various organizations. They sometimes installed malicious software themselves and they never knows it. I simply think it as matter of misinterpreting and thats all.
    Its simply mistake of employees of world bank itself.

I once saw similar case but at smaller organization. The case was simple, almost every guy had screen saver software because it looked good and was about world time. Since the organization had to business with other nations, it was favourite software with employees and was distributed by each other. But closely examining that software, it was found that was a TROJAN.. kind of malicious software. !.. So who is responsible .. employees.. and yes Administrators who either are too much ignorant or are under qualified for their JOBS.

Asim
    Asim is offline Newbie

thanks for sharing

RaviCKota
    RaviCKota is offline Just in!

This is the most unfortunate situation Satyam computers would be facing, since its establishment. I was a former employee of Satyam worked for four years and I enjoyed my every moment in that company with respect to work culture and ethics. I could not believe that few corrupted guyz could bring down such a huge IT beast. As some one said earlier, it is not the entire organization to be blamed. In Business, trust is the most important element and no chance can be taken which could put that at risk. Probably this could be a lesson to all IT majors across the world and they should beef up their standards and live up to the expectations of its customers.

I wish Satyam could get out of this allegation at the earliest.

Dinesh7274
    Dinesh7274 is offline Just in!

I dont think, that such a company would have dealt with customer datas so carelessly. The actual reason could be something else, like client dissatisfaction or any business policies violations etc. But that need not be rumoured in such a colocial term. Let's see what Satyam's next step is. Satyam will prove its position and win confidence again. Hope so.

choudhuryatanu1
    choudhuryatanu1 is offline Newbie

Well, looks like it has started regaining it's original shape and texture ! These are just the aftermaths of any such turmoils and like an elastic, comes back to the pavilion where the game was going on initially. At least I am feeling happy for the employees who have invested their heart and soul into the organization so far.

7. Advert.

rishibajpai123
    rishibajpai123 is offline Just in!

its very sad to see the india's one of the top it industry is facing such a big fall.....Raju have proved the phase....Own bad fish can spoil the whole pond

Admin
    Admin is offline Administrator

Removed Duplicate posts by Rishibajpai!
    You may want to read:

Thought of the Moment:
    A community is all about helping each other.

+ Post a Comment HERE!