+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Pakistani Nukes are in unsafe hands-- how should India react

Advert.

taazakhabar
    taazakhabar is offline Newbie

Pakistani Nukes are in unsafe hands-- how should India react

Advert.
    There is an increasing perception in the security circles that the Pak nuclear arsenal is in unsafe hands and could be misused by the fanatical jehadis with suicidal tendencies... In such a scenario how should India react?

communicative
    communicative is offline eTI Iron

Re: Pakistani Nukes are in unsafe hands-- how should India react

taazakhabar's concern is genuine, but based on a lack of more knowledge about Pakistan's Nuclear weapons! Yes Pakistan is a nuclear weapons capable country, with delivery systems of range of 1,200 kilometers. These expensive gadgets are being maintained due to the covert nuclear weapons, possessed by Israel. Pakistan has nuclear weapons CAPABILITY, but not of the level of it's being a nuclear THREAT to anyone! That means that Pakistan's nukes are not at all times ready and aimed at some place. The first principle of Pakistan's nuclear doctrine is that it will not conduct a nuclear first strike! Pakistan also has a facility which enriches spent uranium. But being a country starved of electric power, most of the enriched uranium produced by Pakistan is used up in its two nuclear power plants. Pakistan's nuclear security is fool-proof due to the following reason! Pakistan's nuclear weapons are not always ready and stored in one place. On the other hand, for example, five components of Pakistan's nuclear weapons are stored at five different places, and most of even the top military officers do not know the exact location of all the five components. Suppose Pakistan comes under nuclear attack, then it will take the whole of military and civilian government machinery's mobilization to get the nukes ready and sent to the belligerents home! So even if "fanatic militant jihadis with suicidal tendencies" have managed to target a few military installations, such attacks have been few and far between! Therefore the possibility of all the components of Pakistan's nuclear deterant's falling into the wrong hands of TERRORISTS or miscreants, simply does not exist, and Pakistan's nuclear assets are safe in peaceful times. So there should be no worry from any quarter about Pakistan's nuclear assets and capabilities!!! As far as India is concerned, considering the dire straits the majority of it's people are in, it would be better if it also takes nuclear technology, as a civilian option only!!!;D

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Well, what can I say here, Ivor himself is from Pakistan and from his words you can see that he is impartial. On the other hand, I would like to add that from the condition and Image of Pakistan is drawn on people of world, then its obvious to have such questions.
    Before going anything deeper.. I request that do not make it a debate of regionalism or this topic may get locked or deleted as per eTI rules.
    So, such questions are obvious but its good to see that how interestingly Mr. Ivor answered it. Well, there is no doubt that having Nuclear weapon with Pakistan is just to show that they are powerful enough, I disagree the point that they are only meant for Israel but they are there to defend themselves. Anyhow, be it India or Pakistan, working on nuclear destruction weapons is only wastage of resources. Lets not forget that we are so small as compared to USA and Russia those accounts for more than 80% of world's nuclear warheads.

Better use the nuclear power for humanitarian purposes. As far as Pakistan is concerned, definitely Pakistan really needs to work upon its image worldwide, it was once read in newspaper that Pakistan has been declared as nation who support terrorism. I hope new political powers in Pakistan will look into this matter and will try to establish Pakistan as a peaceful nation.

communicative
    communicative is offline eTI Iron

My worthy friend, I sincerily thank you for appreciating my comments on Pakistan's nuclear capabilities! I will not talk about regionalism here, but would like to mention a way in which Indo-Pak relations can further be improved. The only sticking point between these two great countries of the Sub-Continent, is the Kashmir issue. In 1947, when India and Pakistan gained independence, it was decided that a referendum would be held in Muslim majority provinces on the question whether they wish to join India or Pakistan; but Kashmir at that time was a princely state and the Maharaja of the time Gulab Singh Dogra annexed Kashmir with India, without even consulting its Muslim majority! Pakistan beleives that Kashmiris have a right to determine their own fate through a referendum, which is also approved by a United Nations resolution. India on the other hand, considers Kashmir to be one of its provinces at great cost since it has to post 600,000 of its troops there! Talks as per the Simla accord are going on between the two nations, and confidence-building-measures are being adopted! Once the Kashmir issue is solved, the Indo-Pak Sub-Continent will become the most developed region of the WORLD! We need to concentrate on the socio-economic disparity that hounds our people, more than anything else! Yes, I agree with you that Pakistan does face problem of having a negative image, in many places; but poverty, illiteracy and economic disparity are the reasons. When Indo-Pak relations will become normal, then the size of armed forces may be reduced on both sides, releasing funds for economic issues! This is the need of the hour, and should be considered sooner rather than later!!! Thanks!

+ Post a Comment HERE!