+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Special Economic Zones, PSU's - meaning of both

Advert.

geek Guest

Special Economic Zones, PSU's - meaning of both

Advert.
    As I said that I want to know the economic things. Here I am with 2 more new topics which are really slipping out of my mind.
    So, can any one help me to know much more about them briefly and in a more precised manner?
    Answer this would really help me out.

Rishabh Sharma
    Rishabh Sharma is offline eTI Iron
    Special Economic Zone is a geographical region that is designed to export goods and provide employment. SEZs are exempt from federal laws regarding taxes, quotas, FDI-bans, labour laws and other restrictive laws in order to make the goods manufactured in the SEZ at a globally competitive price.

PSU's are the PUBLIC SECTOR UNITS. These are the private firms which are more owned by government in a country.

Ayushi.G
    Ayushi.G is offline eTI Member
    PSU's are basically government owned economic units. Unlike private sector all the activities of such a unit are completely under governments control. Apart from PSU's and private sector there is another type of economic units i.e joint sector, where both government and private sector work together in collaboration.

As far as SEZ's are concerned, these are certain geographical areas in the country which the government has specified. Any economic unit set up in this area gets a no. of benefits. For example- duty free export, they are also allowed 100% FDI, etc.
    Government has established such zone to promote exports and increase foreign exchange reserves.

+ Post a Comment HERE!