+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

What is the difference between dual core and single core processor?

Advert.

tripleshah12 Guest

What is the difference between dual core and single core processor?

Advert.
    I know this question is slightly childish. But i want to know that how we match the difference between single core and dual core in smartphone. Actually tommorrow i used a single core powered smartphone and on the other hand i use dual core smartphone no difference while playing videos or clicking pictures or playing games.

technocrat
    technocrat is offline eTI Member
    In simple words, a single core processor would be like using just one hand to do one task at a time. While a dual core processor would be like using both hands to do two different tasks simultaneously.
    The main power of dual core processors in smartphones can be experienced when you do multitasking, start a browser, then a photo editing app and then start playing a game like Temple Run or Subway surfers. Then you'll get to know which of the two smartphone performs better when multiple apps are being run at a time. Hope this helps

sandeep007
    sandeep007 is offline Newbie
    You will feel the advantage of dual core processors in smartphones as soon as you start using your phone for multi-tasking. Single core processors will start lagging with multiple apps running.

+ Post a Comment HERE!