Cheenti Cheenti Bang Bang Review

The Review

Seems the Indians are now on a making spree of animation movies. Hanuman, Return of Hanuman, Bal Ganesh etc. From point of view of their technical advancement, none of the above was even considered good. 3d animation were as if they had not time to go in details and are in hurry to complete movie. Anyhow, were successful enough but I guess religious sentiments played big role.

Now we have another animated movie (and yet few to come) .. Cheenti Cheenti Bang Bang. A 2D animation movie. Was pleasant to watch. Indians are not yet good in 3d animation (as per their 3d animated movies) but 2D did a fine job. Above all it was real good experience to see some good animation talking about and looking close to Indian flavour. Definitely a bugs life or Ants can't be expected here, it would be stupidity as its 2D and those are 3D.

Talking about storyline and characters. The movie revolves around two groups of ants.. ie. the RED one and the Black one. As goes always, both are against each other while other animals are also there two support the groups. And there is double cross type guy ie. a bug named ghunn. There is a chameleon, sanke etc. etc. And like an Hindi movie, we have Ants of opposite group falling in love with each other. While both of the groups are near by and the point of separation is flowing water body, the movie scores various innovative layouts.

Animation provides you a whole new world of imagination and I guess if Indian starts paying attention to it then we can really have some good Cinema. Should understand that it can also be a worthy investment.

Back to movie, detailing of characters are good but sometimes voice looked out of sync, I guess may be they thought they can be lenient enough as the movie is targeted to children. Script could have be tighter but so much liberty is taken. So if you want to watch this movie then watch it for their the 2D animation and the characters they build but do not expect some great work. A good movie to show to your kids. And to watch if you like to see decent Indian 2D animation.

I rate it 2.5

Do give your views !