Review : Roadside Romeo

Jugal Hansraj has just presented a wonderful package to us. This 3d animated movie has everything to gain the attraction. We have voice of Saif Ali Khan for Romeo the Dog and we have Karina Kapoor also associated. First Indian animated movie which is advertised like a normal bollywood flick ie proper effort to advertising too.

Jugal Hansraj's directorial debut is an animation. Where in India most of the animated movies never made a good business he took the risk to start an animation. But its not a disappointment but a pleasure to watch such an animation movie which looks full of effort and time.

First thing I want to talk about the movie is its animation, its world class and first time I found myself enjoying a bollywood animation flick with heart. The animation is top notch, the detailing of characters is perfect. For many you may not notice but hard work is clearly visible. I guess they have used motion capture technique for the animation. The movements, expression of animated characters are again more than satisfying.

The best thing was to Was to Watch such a wonderful animation made only for Indian context. Full points to Jugal and his animation team, though involvement of Walt-Disney is responsible for this product but ultimately its an Indian production for India specially.

Now move to a little bit of story, the Romeo is a dog who was rich once but now abandoned on the street of Mumbai as the family to whom he belonged has moved to another place and left him on his own. He meets a gang of roadside dogs, he befriended with them with a business of hair saloon, kind of entertaining characters with cat among them who wants to do like a dog. We have another don type dog-Charlie Anna (voiceover of Javed Jaffery) with south Indian accent. He also got 3 of his bitches who he calls Charlie's Angels. ..

Things going fine but one day he (Romeo) follows a song and found that the singer is Laila (a bitch) voice by Kareena Kapoor) and he instantly fell in love with her. While he tries to convince her, Charlie Anna, who also happened to have crush over her too now want to get rid of Romeo. There is another important factor to note is the municipal van who catches stray dogs, every once a while it appears and all dogs seems to be united to dodge it. So that goes with story with a happy ending like any other bollywood flick.

While you know the movie is animation but it is not really targeted to children only, its movie which everyone should enjoy. Ofcourse, don't expect it near reality, its fun to watch. And its better than nonsense bollywood flicks where story becomes irrational just to wind up things.

This movie enjoys many famous bollywood movie flicks, you may notice DDLJ and will see Dhoom poster around in the movie. Javed Jaffery is nice as always and he is always able to do the miracle with his voice. Other characters were nicely sketched. You will remember every character even after the movie is over.

In the end, all I can say that you will enjoy this animation flick. Remember that its an animation but never means targeted to kids only. Its for everyone and those who thinks that animation is for kids only then should watch it and have an experience of good entertainment.

I give 4/5 .. Good movie