+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New Yamaha FZ16 150cc bike Road Test - Review

Advert.

mdronsubbs
    mdronsubbs is offline Newbie

Re: New Yamaha FZ16 150cc bike Road Test - Review

Advert.
    its got the killer looks and i liked the black with yellow strip,its good for indian roads

VBN das Guest

My name is vibindas. I am message sending from kerala, thrissur (DST). I would like to yamaha

Shek
    Shek is offline eTI Member

Hi Ricky, plz tell me the procedure or steps to post a review

Jason1985 Guest

The yamaha fz 16 has a good naked look and its unique in its own way.....
    Had taken a test drive believe it gives you a nice feel, pick up is really good.....
    But i think they still have to keep the cost factor in mind as the fazer and fz 16 have the same features with the exception of the looks and the difference in price is way high.... anyways all the best yamaha cool bikes in the market

ravikumar257367
    ravikumar257367 is offline Just in!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky
    They call it Lord of Streets.

Yamaha Motors which was lagging behind in India few years back is right on target to get back its reputation in Indian Market which it enjoyed for many years with bike like RX100 . After few months of launch of YZF R15 they launched new Yamaha FZ 16, a 153 cc bold bike. So today I finally got hand on to check out this bike and present a road test here.

This new bike is priced at Rs. 65000 (ex Showroom), its again pricey as compared to other bikes in 150cc segment but hey, it is so distinct and so bold, people who want to unique will sure go for it. We know it is sort of trimmed down version of Yamaha's global bike .. rather naked bike FZ1. And if you give closer look, its not a direct copy of FZ1, rather look like sibling to FZ1.

First glance of bike will make you to look at it again and again. As a naked bike, Yamaha has paid so much attention to every details of the bike. Starting with fuel tank, the fuel tank is huge, curvy shape and goes as high to the handlebars. Most part the fuel tank is plastic fairing and the real steel tank is beneath.

After that I go to Instrument Cluster, again it has unique layout and its colorful. May look cool but you need to pay extra attention to it in order to read in real life condition. Or may be I was not able to get use to it fast.
    Coming to the front, the headlight, well clear Yamaha FZ1 style, the headlamp is V-shaped and looks like sleeping down with meter ie. instrument cluster at top. Overall, most important aspect of naked look.

The engine of the bike which is 153 cc with 14 PS at 7500 rpm of power and maximum torque of 13.6 delivered at 6000 rpm is also neatly packed, high attention is paid to the details of engine areas and at first glimpse it create a look of power packed bike. The bike is provided FIVE speed transmission. This power train was able to make 0-60 kmph in mere 52 seconds. Acceleration is pretty good and it won't give you hiccups while pickup.

As acceleration is smooth, you will get pretty fast soon but as you go high in speed reaching maximum or peak speed of Yamaha FZ16 is cumbersome, it will take time and effort reach peak speed which is about 114 kmph. After 95 kmph bike tends to feel little heavy on acceleration. But remember, they call it Lord of Streets. Its meant for quick biking .. zip zap and go.. .

The bike's engine vibrations are amazingly low and it starts with throaty gruns. The exhaust of the bike is also unique which has a loop below in engine chamber and in the end a short exhaust making it better support to torque. On design wise, the exhaust is small is sort of double layer cover which prevents it from getting it heated.

Bike sports a large front disc brake while the rear one is drum only and bike comes with all fitment as standard ie. Electric start, disc brakes, as for now there is no drum and disc brake separate model of the bike.

The rear pillion seat don't look much comfortable but its really comfortable and set just right. One of the another unique feature of the bike is its fatty rear tyre. Its 140/60 radial tubeless tyre. This wide rubber gives an impressive rear look as well as add an stunning style to overall package. Its fattier than those many higher capacity engine bikes.

While riding positing is sporty, wider handle bar gives you are cool feeling and turning is just fun. Riding this bike on bumpy road was not so smooth, may be we need to adjust Monoshock absorbers to little more softer settings. This bikes comes monoshock suspension at rear with and comes nine suspension settings, means will have fun time with playing these settings as per conditions of roads.

As they advertised, this is really Lord of the streets, be it looks or performance. Lots of torque at lower rpm makes it choice for urban commuting. A bold bike which is definitely creating a space for itself. May be more room for Yamaha in Indian Biking Industry.

Yamaha Fz-16 Technical Details and Specifications

Engine

Engine type Air-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve
    Displacement 153.0cm3
    Bore & Stroke 58.0 × 57.9mm
    Compression ratio 9.5:1
    Maximum output 14PS / 7500 rpm
    Maximum torque 14 N.m / 6000 rpm
    Starting method Electric starter
    Lubrication type Wet sump
    Carburetor type BS26
    Clutch type Constant mesh wet multiplate
    Ignition type CDI
    Primary/secondary reduction ratio 3.409 / 2.857
    Transmission type Return type 5-speed

Chassis

Frame type Diamond
    Suspension (front/rear) Telescopic / Monocross
    Wheelbase 1,335mm
    Brake type(front/rear) Hydraulic single disc / drum
    Tire size (front/rear) 100/80-17 / 140/60-R17

Dimensions

Overall Length × Width × Height 1,975mm × 770mm × 1,045mm
    Seat height 790mm
    Wheelbase 1,335mm
    Minimum ground clearance 160mm
    Dry weight/Curb weight 126 kg / 137 kg
    Fuel tank volume 12 liters
    Engine oil volume 1.2 liters

The author is not associated with any of the above mentioned service or product. Author may or may not be using all or any of the above services or products. Above article / review / tip are just views of the author and they do not decide above mentioned service / product's characteristics as whole. The author do not take any responsibility for harm or damage done by any of the above tip / advice / review. Above material / article is provided for the informational purpose only and author can't be held responsible for its usability and authenticity. Reader's discretion is advised.

Stealing or Copying of this article / review / Tip without proper credit and link back to the article is illegal. You may use this article at your site by giving a link back to this article or by asking for permission from the author.

Images Courtesy Yamaha Motors India Ltd.

indiandrives
    indiandrives is offline eTI Iron
    That's good info. thanks for sharing with us.
    Last edited by indiandrives; 02-16-2011 at 11:02 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

7. Advert.

Unregistered Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 45degreeprojectile View Post
    The buy only looks good. It has no Power. My Hero Honda CBZ is 9 years old But I can still take on Yamaha FZ 16 anytime and leave it way behind. Now thats called a bike.
    wait until my fz grow old to nine years also.., and believe me your bike will no longer be roadworthy... taking a bike too much younger than your bike is not a match competition... similar bike.., similar displacement.. both stock/unmodified...,same age... that's a fair competition we could have.. and i can take you and your bike anywhere and anyroad condition..., fair enough?

Unregistered Guest
    hey ricky hwz u.......???

i think max.speed is not 114km/h, it is 122km/h and sometimes it may reach upto 130km/h depending upon the the track..........so plz dont plz dont underestimate it....its a great bike in all manners.

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12