Golmaal Returns Review - (2008) Hindi Movie

Advert.

Bollywood
    Bollywood is offline eTI Iron

Golmaal Returns Review - (2008) Hindi Movie

Advert.
    Movie Review: Golmaal Returns

Director : Rohit Shetty
    Cast :Ajay Devgan, Arshad Warsi, Celina Jaitley, Amrita Arora, Murli Sharma, Vrajesh Hirjee, Mukesh Tiwari, Ram Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Tusshar Kapoor, Shreyas Talpade, etc.

Golmaal returns with its sequel Golmaal Returns. From its promos, it turned out to be movie which I was looking forward to watch. Infact gags shown on promos were all so good that I wondered if they had left any gag for us to watch in movie or not! Since movie is sequel of 2006 Golmaal which was a laughing riot, so this moive i.e. its sequel had to lot of expectation prior to watch. It is advertised at better than Golmaal, so obviously I was expecting more.

The star cast of the movie now includes more name like Kareena Kapoor, Amrita Arora, Celilna Jetley and now famous comedy guy Shreyas Talpade. So how much this movie succeeded on expectations. Well, talking about the performance of movie, movie is sort of OK to watch and you will enjoy it throughout but hilarious ride is not consistent and this is the biggest let down of the movie. Most probably, bad script is what we can call the culprit.

The movie has enough twists to make it fun to watch, Ajay Devegan as Gopal has a wife Ekta (Kareena Kapoor)who finds everything suspicious. Incidentally one day while trying to save a woman named Meera (Played by Celina Jetely) from some violent stuff he ended up spending a whole night on a yacht along with Meera. Now next day when he get back to his home, he has to answer his wife Ekta but he can't tell the truth as her wife will take it otherwise. So he ended up making a fake story that he spent a night with his old time (fake) friend Anthony. She is not convinced and she ask him to call his friend to visit home. To make up the things, Gopal convinces one of his work place guy to play Anthony but meanwhile Ekta is able to contact a real person on the fake address Gopal told her for Anthony. To make things worst, it is found that the at place where Gopal spent night police had recovered a dead body.

To make things more twisted, we have Esha (Amrita Arora) who is sister of Gopal and girl friend of ACP Madhav Singh Ghai (Arshad Varsi). Ghai came to know about absence of Gopal on the night of murder so he started to keep eye on Gopal. On the other hand Lucky (Tusshar Kapoor) is stucked between his sister Ekta and Gopal's case, everytime he tries to help, things gets worst. Same goes for Esha, she has to prove to Madhav that his brother (Gopal) is innocent but also have to cope with duties of Madhav.

So with twist and turns we have another laugh ride. Few jokes and gags in the really stands apart but at times it goes slow but its a comedy and you will enjoy. Presence of Tusshar Kapoor is hilarious in his this unique role and this time Shreyas Talpade is a nice addition to the movie. Kareena Kapoor is justification with role given to her but she will also add to more audience to the movie. Amrita Arora is ok, Arshad Varsi is as good as always but not much footage for him this time. Rohit Shetty as director again did a nice job in genre of comedy (few errors exception allowed).

Music of the Golmaal Returns is not bad but not very distinct, dialogues are appealing and fit in comedy genre. Remember its comedy movie so don't get disappointed if at times your brain get twisted. Overall, if you liked Golamaal then you can't afford to miss this one.

My Rating goes as an Average movie ie. 2.5/5

Don't forget to give your views.

communicative
    communicative is offline eTI Iron

Re: Golmaal Returns Review - (2008) Hindi Movie

Dear Bollywood, I read you film reviews with interest. This time you have reviewed "Golmaal Returns". As per your comments, every thing is fine with the film, and all the actors have properly done their roles. Only the film is a "slow comedy" (whatever that means?). You have given the film almost a RAVE REVIEW, but at the end you give it only 2.5 from out of 5 points! Please let everyone know, as to what would you like to see in a film to give it full 5 marks? Please DO reply! Thanks!

Bollywood

communicative ji, for Golmaal Returns, if we look every aspects individually then they all have played their part well but over all the comedy is inconsistent and movie is slow (not comedy). Few gags makes you laugh while most of the time out of expectation, film let you down. For me, a movie can get 5 when it connects to the viewer, it outperform expectations and above all should be able to give real entertainment so that even if movie is over, you want to see more and you just can't forget movie when you step out of the theater.

communicative

Quote Originally Posted by Bollywood
    communicative ji, for Golmaal Returns, if we look every aspects individually then they all have played their part well but over all the comedy is inconsistent and movie is slow (not comedy). Few gags makes you laugh while most of the time out of expectation, film let you down. For me, a movie can get 5 when it connects to the viewer, it outperform expectations and above all should be able to give real entertainment so that even if movie is over, you want to see more and you just can't forget movie when you step out of the theater.
    Bollywoodji, You write good reviews, I respect you for that, but please improve your language a bit. I can guide you a bit on this if you like? Yes, cinema being a commercial venture, only "HIT" films have a sequel made! Sometimes the sequel may leave a bad after-taste, as compared to the original movie. I think that is what has happened with GOLMAAL and it's return! Mr or Ms Bollywood , you have a deep understanding of films and your reviews are generally OK! I request you to please mention the names of a few movies which in your opinion merit a 5 score as per your opinion! I will be much obliged by this kind gesture of yours! I am waiting for your next reply! Thanks for this one! All the best!

Bollywood

English is not my mother tongue hence I can not argue about it. I am happy from your proposal to help me. Next time you may point out my errors but please use Private Messages for that.

I am thankful to you for your pleasant words, as of now in recent days "A Wednesday" was the movie which I gave 4 stars, that is highest rating I ever gave. Its not so long since I started to review movies.

communicative

Dear Bollywood, First of all I would like to know more about your goodself. Please let me know your gender, age, present location, occupation, interests and hobbies! I AM a teacher of the English language, and since you are not a native speaker, I will help you privately, to point out corrections to the errors that you make in your film reviews! Even though you are new to reviewing films, your comments are generally quite impressive, I must say! Is "A Wednesday" a Hindi of Indian film or what? Please let me know your private email address and I would help you with your English language. Please send me an email on my private address which is: [email protected]
    Waiting to hear from you,
    Your well-wisher,
    Ivor

7. Advert.

Bollywood

A wednesday is Hindi Movie.

communicative

Hi Bollywood, Thank you for informing me that "A Wednesday" is a Hindi movie! If you wish you can send me your reviews on the email address that I provided you, and I will return them to you on your private email, after correction of any English language errors if you wish.

Regards,
    Ivor

waqas ahmed
    waqas ahmed is offline Just in!

men wo aanso k chashm me raha
    phr b zabt-o-girya k pech-o-kham me raha

usko dekhay howay kuch zamana howa he
    me magar bas ik bar oar k az'm me raha

nisab-e-ishq ki har ik kitab chani he
    ye ik muamma k ab talak kham me raha

me uskay sath raha na raha raghib
    wo magar meri har ik naz'm me raha

communicative

Hi Waqas, I thank you very much for sending me the lyrics of this song! I would like you to introduce yourself, so that we can be good friends!

communicative

Waqas, You write good film reviews! Please send me aqn email about Bollywood strike! Thanks

skyizm
    skyizm is offline Newbie

Golmaal-Returns
    I have seen the whole movie and the character of Tushar Kapoor was hilarious.

sportfree
    sportfree is offline eTI Iron

He he..look at the name Golmaal....Sounds funy .....

http://[img]http://orkut.vidpoke.com....gif[/img]
    yk"

rock_amol
    rock_amol is offline eTI Iron

I Like This Film

see more Details

+ Post a Comment HERE!