+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

About my home town - Mangalore - The Gateway of Karnataka

Advert.

ashrafa
    ashrafa is offline eTI Iron

Cool About my home town - Mangalore - The Gateway of Karnataka

Advert.
    My hometown is Mangalore which is often called the “gateway of Karnataka” as it is the only city of Karnataka that has accessibility from all four routes that is air water road and rail.. It lies on the backwaters of the rivers nethravathi and gurupura that encircle the entire city. Its landscape is characterized by rolling hills coconut palms freshwater streams and hard red clay tiled roof buildings. It is the 8th cleanest city of the country! Coconut palm and ashoka trees comprise the vegetation of this beautiful and green city. There are a number of beaches such as the panambur someshwara mulki surathkal and mukka beach which provide with some breathtakingly beautiful sunset views and pleasant breeze. Mangalore is a diverse city with several languages which include Kannada Konkani Tulu Beary bashe English Hindi Urdu Malayalam and many more… People here believe in a number of religions and yet live in peace and harmony. Mangalore produces a variety of products such as sandalwood rice turmeric bettlenut cinnamon and much more... The boat building, fishing, tile, beedi, coffee, cotton and cashew nut industry are the core businesses in Mangalore.
    Mangalore is also a city rich in education as therer are a number of institutions which provide quality education not only to the mangaloreans but also to students from various parts of the world!

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium
    Seems to be very beautiful place to live. I guess you are lucky one living in one of the cleanest city of India.

How is climate there ?

ashrafa
    Thank you and I m glad that you loved my city..indeed I m lucky to be a Mangalorean..Well Mangalore offers hot summers and pleasing weather in winters. The best time to visit the place is during the months from September to February.

Iqtedar
    Iqtedar is offline Just in!
    thanks Ashrafa! for nice & informative sharing about mangalore, the gateway of karnataka - i hope i will be there once before the end of my life

ashrafa
    Quote Originally Posted by Iqtedar View Post
    thanks Ashrafa! for nice & informative sharing about mangalore, the gateway of karnataka - i hope i will be there once before the end of my life
    Hmmm u r always welcome iqtedar...Infact Mangalore is very famous for its greenery..

+ Post a Comment HERE!