+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

New Ford IKON Duratorq 1.4 TDCi and Rocam 1.3 Launched - Price and Info

Advert.

Khabri
    Khabri is offline eTI Iron

New Ford IKON Duratorq 1.4 TDCi and Rocam 1.3 Launched - Price and Info

Advert.
    Ford Ikon which was the first car from ford being appraised by masses in India now gets new life. The ford has just launched new FORD Ikon in petrol as well diesel engine. The Petrol version is known as Rocam and is priced at Rs. 4.59 lakhs (ex-showroom,Delhi) while diesel version is with Dura Torq engine and is priced at Rs. 5.19 Lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi).

"The new Ford Ikon continues to be a leader in its segment and caters to customers with a combination of superior fuel efficiency and improved engine performance," Ford India President Michael Boneham told reporters here.

The diesel variant of the new Ikon would come with a 1.4 litre DuraTorq TDCi engine, while the petrol variant would be available with a 1.3 litre RoCam engine. The diesel engine produces 68PS at 4000 rpm and give maximum torque of 160 nm at 2000 rpm. On the other side, the patrol mill is slightly better giving 70PS at 4000 rpm and maximum torque of 105nm at 2500 rpm.

The new engine is derived from Fiesta. The older diesel train was making it hard to comply with the current emission norms. The good thing about new engine is that its lighter than older engine and thus giving more advantage to IKON. It will also add a plus point in terms of mileage.

While ford ikon is always knows as car driver, the engine will make it even better with better mounting and better driving experience.

The exteriors of the car are not much changed apart of few cosmetic lifts at front and end. The new grill and design is there. The interiors are freshen up and new dashboard is surely a good lease of life to the Ford ikon.

Robert Dae
    Robert Dae is offline Just in!

Re: New Ford IKON Duratorq 1.4 TDCi and Rocam 1.3 Launched - Price and Info

I bought the 1.4 Diesel Dura Torq last week and it’s a brilliant car!! Took the test drive last week and here’s what made me decide... As I climbed into the car I realised the biggest and most prominent change is the new digital odometer with backlit dials add to the car’s theme. The leg room is adequate and seats are comfortable and the handling is superb and the suspension is really good. You can hardly feel any bumps. I was also impressed by the looks of the new Ikon... the front end looks more muscular and the front and rear lamps go well with the design. Ive driven a 1.6 L ford before and the diesel variant matches it for power. Cant wait for it to get delivered by month end

rams.goa
    rams.goa is offline Just in!

I like the looks of the new Ford Ikon - it still has a classic appeal. I researched all Indian entry level sedans (Rs. 5.5 to 7 Lakhs) and zeroed in on the Fork Ikon. Took a test drive and was smitten. The Dzire is better value for money but looks are contrived, dingy interiors and tight rear leg space. looks like a Swift with a big butt (boot). I have booked my Ford Ikon TDCI deluxe and am waiting it to be delivered in about 10 days. Shall let you guys know how it behaves in my next post.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Hmm..
    Congratulation for your new CAR.
    We will look forward to know about your experience with car !

+ Post a Comment HERE!