+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Difference Between Pulao and Biryani

Advert.

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium

Difference Between Pulao and Biryani

Advert.
    Hello, since everyone is discussing and asking question, I have also one small question. I want to know what is difference between Pulao and Biryani ?

I see lots of Pulao like Muttor Pulao, Chana Pulao infact meat pulao but then there are muttor biryani, veg biryani then mutton biryani, chicken biryani.. but overall all are combination of rice and addon .

So what is actually difference between both ?

ashrafa
    ashrafa is offline eTI Iron
    Nice question savera ji...Pulao and Biryani both are two different dishes. Their cooking method are different and also differ in taste toooooooo... Biryani in different states are cooked in slight different manner..but pulao is almost the same in every state..

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium
    Thanks Ashrafa , I know both are different but what is the difference ?

ashrafa
    ashrafa is offline eTI Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Savera View Post
    Thanks Ashrafa , I know both are different but what is the difference ?
    While preparing Biryani basmati rice is cooked independently from masala..then layered with masala and steamed (dum cooked)..on a low flame..in a sealed container..While in pulao uncooked rice is added directly into the masala or meat which will have already been simmering in a large pot (normally on a stove top burner). Some water is then poured in and the whole pot is covered with a lid and left on a low heat right until the rice has absorbed the liquid and is completely cooked.Pulao does not have layers as biryani...Biryani is very rich as compared to pulao and takes more time to prepare...pulao is comparatively less aromatic and nutritious.

shinasehgal
    shinasehgal is offline eTI Member
    The difference between biryani and pullao is that while pullao may be made by cooking the items together, biryani denotes a dish where the rice (plain or fried) is cooked separately from the thick sauce a greatly reduced curry of meat or vegetable.

+ Post a Comment HERE!