+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

115 pilgrims killed in Ratangarh Temple in Datia MP stampede. Who is responsible?

Advert.

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium

115 pilgrims killed in Ratangarh Temple in Datia MP stampede. Who is responsible?

Advert.
    A shocking sad news I just read.

At least 115 pilgrims, including 30 children were killed and more than 100 injured in a stampede on narrow bridge to the historic Ratangarh temple in Datia district of Madhya Pradesh on Sunday. This is shocking re-run of the 2006 tragedy at the same site when 50 pilgrims were washed away.

The bridge over the swollen Sindh river, which leads to the temple was chock-a-block with over one lakh devotees from Madhya Pradesh and neighbouring UP on auspicious Navami day.

Swirling rumours about an imminent collapse of the bridge after a police lathicharge on devotees triggered panic. While scores of pilgrims were trampled, others were drowned after jumping into the swollen river. Bodies lay sprawled on the bridge even as rescue teams from Gwalior were delayed due to battered roads and a 10-km traffic jam.There were only nine constables and a sub-inspector manning the over-lakh crowd on the 500-metre long bridge when the tragedy took place.

Now who is responsible for this ? It is not first time at that place, it had happened in past also. Why we do not learn from past ?

Even in Cyclone Phailin has hits 90 lakh people and 23 dead but here in this small stampede , already more than 100s of people are dead. I think it is now high time that people should take responsibility themselves and if there is some irregularities then ask for solution from authorities, we can't just blame Govt. we should also take the initiative.

ashrafa
    ashrafa is offline eTI Iron
    Really very very shocking and very very sad to hear it....Yaa I agree with ur point...

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium
    Here now they are blaming Police and Government, they are at fault but I think bigger fault is of the people who did not protest against the irregularities, I am sure no one had even registered complaint against all those.

Here is from another news:

""The stampede began at around 8 am and the piling bodies served as a buffer. I stayed couched in the corner till 2 pm, when police finally arrived," he said. Another survivor who lost his friends in the tragedy, Ashok Patel, said, "The police are responsible. Vehicles should be stopped 6 km before the bridge. But there were no cops to man the entry. This led to overcrowding. More than 50 vehicles were present on the bridge when the stampede took place," he said. "

So, now Police is responsible, but actually people are more, they allowed them to do whatever they wanted, no one complained, no one questioned and now we have the result. Now there will be blame game but what about those who lost their lives ?

+ Post a Comment HERE!