+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Health Benefits of Eating Watermelon

Advert.

ashrafa
    ashrafa is offline eTI Iron

Cool Health Benefits of Eating Watermelon

Advert.
    I would like to share this article with you all... really helpful..

Health Benefits of Eating Watermelon

Almost everyone loves watermelon. The sweet red flesh can taste so wonderful, particularly on those warm and sunny summer days. Something about the entire experience of eating a very flavorful watermelon brings out the best in our playful side. It is not just an experience with eating a wonderful fruit, but it is also how we eat the melon. So whether you slice it, dice it, or cut it into wedges, know that watermelons are among some of the healthiest foods you can eat. Lets us explore some of their primary benefits.

The Health Benefits of Eating Watermelon
    1. Watermelons are full of many different types of vitamins. It has an abundance of vitamin C which helps with strengthening immunity and works well with mending your wounds, teeth care, avoiding damage to your cells, and ensures your gums are radiant and healthy. The melon also consists of vitamin A which can contribute to healthy eye care and acts as an antioxidant. Along with those healthy doses of vitamins, watermelon also has something that improves brain function and helps you convert your protein to much needed energy. Of course we are talking vitamin B6.
    2. While I have eaten many a watermelon, it never dawned on me that the red flesh had very healthy concentrations of something that acts as an antioxidant and helps ward off heart disease and some cancers, such as prostate cancer. This substance watermelon has is called lycopene which is found in almost all vegetables and fruit.
    3. Finally, one of the best things that a watermelon has and most athletes know this because they are always looking at replacing this natural substance is potassium. Potassium is quite good at helping those muscles function they way they should and it also contributes to efficient nerve function. Runners in particular enjoy the fact that watermelon can help balance out the body’s electrolyte and acid equilibrium. Along with these benefits, it can also improve blood pressure.

Adi Mehta
    Adi Mehta is offline eTI Iron
    But it is not available round the year, but like everyone I too enjoy water melon.. first of all for its texture and color and then for its test.. its really fun eating it.

ashrafa
    ashrafa is offline eTI Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Adi Mehta View Post
    But it is not available round the year, but like everyone I too enjoy water melon.. first of all for its texture and color and then for its test.. its really fun eating it.
    Ya Adi ji even I like watermelon very much... thnxxxx for reading it...

PriyaMankala
    PriyaMankala is offline Just in!
    Hello Ashrafa,

Thank you for sharing the article

Even I have some health benefits of eating water melon which I would like to share it.

1. Cancer
    , Watermelon is rich in antioxidants such as lycopene which contains twice the amount found in tomatoes. Watermelon also contains vitamin C, A. These compounds play an active role in the fight several cancers such as breast cancer, prostate cancer, uterine cancer, lung cancer, colorectal cancer by protecting cells from free radicals damage to vehicles. Chinese study showed in 2009 that the compounds found in watermelon, working to increase the programmed death in breast cancer cells.

2. Infections
    Melons plays an important role in the treatment of many infections in the body, including inflammation of the joints. This is due to the role of vitamins contained in watermelon.

3. Kidney
    Melons plays the role of detergent to the kidneys of salt deposits of limestone as a result of watermelon contain potassium, which complete the task of removing salts, potassium is also working to reduce the concentration of uric acid in the blood. Thus reducing the chance of forming kidney stones. Watermelon is also working as a diuretic result because it contains a large amount of water.

Kaustub
    Kaustub is offline Newbie
    Good reading..

Thanks for sharing great stuff..I am gonna get a water melon now

+ Post a Comment HERE!