+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Dangerous Acts After Eating a Meal

Advert.

ashrafa
    ashrafa is offline eTI Iron

Advert.
    Something important which I would like to share with u all here...really usefull one..

We all probably remember our moms telling us not to run out and play too soon after eating or not to jump into the pool and start swimming right after a meal. Sometimes the advice we get runs the course from urban myths, half truths, to possibly very useful. So what is safe to do these days in an age where warning labels seem to be on everything and concerns about our health and safety reigns supreme. Well, let us not get too far down the path of trying to over analyze everything we eat and assess what is safe to do from a physical exertion perspective. Nevertheless, it is prudent to understand some of the basic good advice out there and these revelations may be pretty surprising.

What is Unsafe To Do After Eating a Big Meal
    1. I think smoking is never good for you and if you engaged in the habit, find a way to quit. But studies have revealed that if you smoke right after eating your meal, the intake of all the bad toxins from the smoke has a greater adverse impact on your health akin to smoking multiple cigarettes.
    2. Most everyone loves their fruits, right? After all, it is said that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Well, there is a lot of good to be gained from eating many types of fruits, but do not be so quick to consume your fruit after a hearty meal because the effect of consuming fruits will cause your stomach to bloat with a lot of air. It is best to wait an hour or so after you eat or likewise do not tackle a large meal until an hour or so after you snack on some fruit so to avoid unnecessary gas.
    3. I love all kinds of tea. Hot tea and ice tea, with a lot of lemon. But if you just downed a big portion of some really tasty food you should probably be wary about drinking a great deal of tea because the tea leaves consist of a great deal of acid and when that acts on the protein you have eaten in your meal it makes for some difficulty in digestion.
    4. OK, so you have had your favorite plate of something and you decided to go back and get more. Now you are feeling pretty full and want to let out a belt place or two. Well not so quick because loosening the belt to relieve some of the pressure can contribute to your intestine become somewhat twisted and blocked and you really are not going to feel so well in the you know what department.
    5. Well, this may come as some surprise but Mom was right about one thing. Do not be so eager to rush out and jump into the water or bathe in warm water because the act of taking a bath will not sit well with your blood flow level and cause an increase of blood to your legs and hands and body. As a result, your digestive system will not have as much blood flow as it really needs and this essentially diminishes the efficiency of digestion.
    6. Believe it or not, after eating a big meal, it is not so wise to try to walk it off. The act of doing so will make it more difficult for the digestive system to absorb the nutrition from the food you just consumed.
    7. The last thing you ought to avoid right after eating is going right too sleep and sleeping for a long period of time. Again, it can be a digestive nightmare if you just shut everything down and seek out your sleep time. The body has evolved over many millions of years and it does pretty darn good job of handling the digestive duties so long as you do not practice extremes. So where robust physical exertion is not wise for digestive purposes, nor is no activity and giving in to a long slumber

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Good sharing but loosing your belt when you eat can be dangerous , thats somewhat confusing. Say, I am eating and when I sit, already belt is tighter as compared to standing position, so if I loosened my belt, its problem while eating. May be sudden loosening is bad.

But I already follow rest of the practice and have personally experienced point number 7, I generally try to goto sleep only after 1 or 2 hours after meal.

ashrafa
    May be Aarish ji.. actually I read this article and found it useful, hence decided to share here... thanks a lotttttt for reading it...and its nice to see that u practice some of them.. in this manner i m very lazy yaar...anyways thnxxx once again..

WellForte
    WellForte is offline Newbie
    Thanks for sharing this information. These are important guidelines that should be followed for good health.

ashrafa
    Quote Originally Posted by WellForte View Post
    Thanks for sharing this information. These are important guidelines that should be followed for good health.
    Ya wellforte true... one must follow this guidelines to be healthy..

thnxxxxxxxxxxxx for reading it...

WellForte
    WellForte is offline Newbie
    It is also not right to exercise right after eating a meal. You can walk slowly for digesting the food, but avoid exercising right after the meal.

7. Advert.

ashrafa
    Quote Originally Posted by WellForte View Post
    It is also not right to exercise right after eating a meal. You can walk slowly for digesting the food, but avoid exercising right after the meal.
    Ok really a useful tips...I will try to avoid exercise after meals..

thnxxxxx for sharing ur views...

Rajesh Harish
    Rajesh Harish is offline eTI Member
    Very useful tips. I have been doing most of them and have found them beneficial.

+ Post a Comment HERE!