Dostana (2008) Hindi Movie Review

Advert.

Bollywood
    Bollywood is offline eTI Iron

Dostana (2008) Hindi Movie Review

Advert.
    Movie Review : Dostana

Director : Tarun Mansukhani
    Cast : John Abraham, Priyanka Chopra, Abhishek Bachchan, Kiran Kher, Bobby Deol, Boman Irani

Review of Movie - Dostana.

Karan Johar bring us their new flick. This time the movie is about not so acceptable concept of homosexuality. Where our culture still find it indecent to say such words, Karan Johar did a courageous job to produce film based on such concept. Accept it or not but still terms gay and bisexual are not widely understood and accepted in our culture. Yet, Tarun Mansukhani.. the director of movie worked upon such subject and bring us a comedy with industry's A -grade actors.

Movie worked around the concept of two straight men pretending to be gay just to get an apartment. The story has not much twist but it is a comedy which worked and will entertain you to a level of acceptance. Movie is all set in Miami which adds a little more punch with beautiful location of Miami.

Promos of the movie were shocking a bit in nature and with its star cast they makes you to look forward for this movie. So is it really that the movie is packed with some punch ? I must say that it does have something in it and a part of credit goes specially to the lead actors. Its the seamless performance of the two actors Abhishek and John which will make you thing once a while if they really are gay.

Then we have Priyanka Chopra who becomes buddy of these two guys as well as her boss is having crush on her. Priyanka once again gave a nice performance. She was wonderful in Fashion and now this movie, she now gains a level of respect as an find actress. While the movie is filled up with all good people, we have Bobby Deol as boss Priyanka, I find him little unimpressive or other world his performance was dull as compared to other characters. Movie also boasts famous name like Boman Irani, Kiran Kher. But unfortunately most of them have very limited screen presence.

Talking about the story, Sameer (Abhishek Bachchan) and Kunal (John Abraham) are two different guys but looking for same cause ie. an apartment in Miami. Fortunately they ended up at same apartment but the none of them is able to get the apartment. Reason being landlady (Sushmita Mukerjee) who can't give apartment to those young guys as they may be dangerous to her niece (Priyanka Chopra). While Neha (Priyanka Chopra) is a beautiful sexy girl who works for a fashion magazine, these boys plans to bluff the land lady to get the apartment. They pretend to be gay but being straight.

They ended up being good buddy of Neha while Neha never realize that both guys are falling for her. To add little twist to this triangle, there is entry of Abhimanyu (Bobby Deol) as boss of Priyanka who is also vying for very same girl. Now these both so called gay guys decides to pull out the third person (Abhimanyu) and eventually all this drama bring us to a nice climax.

Overall movie is entertaining but its not path breaking. Not even it will make you laugh till your ribs tickle. But time to time it will give you proper dose of comic. Observing carefully, portions of movie are inspired from various famous comedy flicks but its ok and has been done wisely.

Talking about the consistency, the beginning of the movie is fine but as it moves on, it tends to get repetitive and looses the fun. But still over all its not a waste of money. And as I told you, songs are their to highlight the beaches and location of Miami, just a Masala for the movie otherwise not appealing to people who look for genuine entertainment.

Dealing with subject of Gays, this movie will make word gay more common as well will show that gays are just normal people .... Normal ? Though at time movie moved to show stereotype gay but only for once a while.

In second half I wish if few things were edited out to make movie little shorter and would have added up to the consistency. As I talked already, performance of each other is fine and few like Sushmita Mukherjee as landlady, Kiran Kher (Mother of Sameer) and Boman Irani could have been used more efficiently but still they imprints their presence.

After watching the movie you will come up with mixed thoughts, though your money is not wasted but you will get more familiar with word gay and this concept. Over all a lite comedy but lots of skin show (remember Miami and fashion mag ?).

Watch this movie for the performance of lead actors and fine comedy. Can be good friday night hangout and you won't regret.

I rate it 3/5

PS: Do give your views on Movie Dostana

rajdeep.rathod
    rajdeep.rathod is offline Just in!

Re: Dostana (2008) Hindi Movie Review

THe movie is worth watching, we friends had a wonderful time....
    Abhi was too good....and also priyanka and John were looking good..
    I would rate DOSTANA 3.5/5

PassionH
    PassionH is offline eTI Member

I have not watched this movie yet but all of my friends told me that its a very good movie.

+1 @ Rajdeep Rathod

nishchala
    nishchala is offline Newbie

Both abhi And John are too good

pingu789
    pingu789 is offline Newbie

I found Dostana to be a fun to watch .Good movie .

skyizm
    skyizm is offline Newbie

i think it was full of comedy.And the concept was very nice...it was a new concept in Bollywood...

7. Advert.

rock_amol
    rock_amol is offline eTI Iron

Good Movie Watch Enjoy full

sunidhi
    sunidhi is offline eTI Aluminium

well i really liked the color of their clothes in tht movie..it was so bright and also was looking great with the background..
    Post Free Ads at Meramaal.com | Voucher Codes India

+ Post a Comment HERE!