+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Total Outstanding Authorization Amount - what is that in HDFC credit card

Advert.

Unregistered Guest

Total Outstanding Authorization Amount - what is that in HDFC credit card

Advert.
    Hi,
    I have an HDFC credit card and when I see its details on line then it shows lots of things but one is not clear to me : it says :
    Total Outstanding Authorization Amount : 8230

Now Rs. 8230 is last time I spent on my credit card , so that what is that ?I have already recieved the product I purchsed on that transaction . Is it that amount is deducted but still in vaerifcation process ?

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    Yes, you are right, when you make a purchase with a card, though the amount is deducted from your card but it will not reflect straight away in your credit card statement, it may take a while because when you purchase something, generally card is checked for its validity and other security things and that period is called authorization period. You don't have to do anything, just and wait and mostly within three days, it will reflect in your credit card account.

However, in case of purchase through EMI, it is the amount which is outstanding , as you pay EMI, it will reduce each month.

Unregistered Guest

Post outstanding authorization amount in hdfc credit card

what is meaning of outstanding authorization amount in my hdfc credit card? my credit card outstanding authorizaton amount is 22384.75. How is calculate this amount in my acccount? Can you tell me Please?

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    what is meaning of outstanding authorization amount in my hdfc credit card? my credit card outstanding authorizaton amount is 22384.75. How is calculate this amount in my acccount? Can you tell me Please?
    If you recently made a purchase using your CC and its yet not settled then it may appear as "Authorization Amount". If its a EMI purchase, then it will remain there till all EMI's (Equadated monthly installments) have been paid in full.

Savera......

+ Post a Comment HERE!