+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Procedure for getting closure of my previous passport application

Advert.

nitin.parshuramka
    nitin.parshuramka is offline Just in!

Procedure for getting closure of my previous passport application

Advert.
    Hi All,

I have applied for my passport on 19th november in bangalore and during my police verification they said that they will send adverse report stating i have resided at the address for less than a year. what should i do now.? So i want to close my previous application and apply for fresh one from my native place.As i need new passport urgently can i apply under tatkal scheme if my previous application has adverse report or there will be no effect if i close my application in bangalore..??????

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    You can convert your current passport application into Tatkal , but first visit your passport office and RPO , consult them, generally they are cooperative. Also, you should not worry about residence status, have you given your home address as permanent address ?
    Thing is that even if you are living in hostel, you can get passport, as in permanent address you have to provide your home address.

nitin.parshuramka
    thanks aarish for reply..
    but i want to know that as i am from jharkhand i have given my permanent address of my home and current address as my bangalore address but in police verification they wrote that ihave resided here less then one year and sent adverse report now my report is at commisoners office as my application status show...do i have to pay penalty as i have not resided here for an year..so i wnt to close my application and apply fresh at my native place..give some suggestions i m lot confused..

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    In that case, you will have Police verification from both the addresses, you can still have passport. I think its better to visit your passport seva kendra and ask them what you should do. IMO, it should be fine as you have provided details of your permanent address also.

nitin.parshuramka
    Actually today my application status shows that my police verification report is not clear and is under review at regional passport office...will the passport be issued to me??? If not then can i close my application so that i can apply fresh..will there be any problem in closing my file??

+ Post a Comment HERE!