+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Yuvvraaj Review- Subhash Ghai with Salmaan Khan (2008)

Advert.

Bollywood
    Bollywood is offline eTI Iron

Yuvvraaj Review- Subhash Ghai with Salmaan Khan (2008)

Advert.
    Hindi Movie Review : Yuvvraaj

Movie with big names, Subhash Ghai, Salmaan Khan, A. R. Rehmaan, Katrina Kaif, Anil Kapoor, Mithun and few more. Moreover there are no rivalries this week to the release. All this will make it a favour to the movie and will keep producers smiling for a while. So those were the positive scores for the movie but nothing about the movie actually. Now do you think apart of above, can movie really a worthy affair to watch ?

Subhash Ghai gave us many big but seems he is loosing the track. Few of his previous do not seems to appeal and neither this one is here to salvage him. Watching movie was a big time disappointment as expectations were big. Since now being "Khan" gives more responsibility as other Khans are in their pursue to entertain us at best (you guess it right.. like Shahrukh on a common man story and Aamir for Ghajini.. the new look). Since Salmaan khan is part of the movie and yes in lead role, lots of expectations were there as he had to compete with other Khans. Performance wise, Salmaan Khan in this movie not a let down but not a great work either. In fact its Anil Kapoor who was pleasant to watch.

So talking more about the movie, the movie revolves around Deven Yuvvraaj (Salmaan Khaan) who is part of a estranged family with 2 other brothers and a father. He is a choir singer who is in love with cellist Anushkha (Katrina), but the father of the girl is against and wants boy to be superrich if he wants to marry her and he even writes a pact with him to be rich in 40 days. Soon the Deven's father passes away but leaving all his billion dollars wealth to the Gyanesh Yuvvraaj(Anil Kapoor), the disabled son of Deven. Now he and his younger brother Danny (Zayed Khan) decides to take back their part from the Gyanesh, but all this gives rise to various circumstances which made all three brother to realize the value of family bonds.

Hence the story is simple and talks about the family bond and value. While there is no regrets about the story because even a single line story can be a good entertainment if presented perfectly. However its not the case here, the movie is basically musical in by core and its not a help at all. Apart of 2 songs .. ie. Tuh Meri Dost and Tu Muskura, none has ability to leave any impression. And most the time lyrics of songs were so bizarre that I wonder if its even Gulzar. For music, A.R. Rehmaan seems to be confused too. Few songs .. because of bizarre lyrics and themeless music come out to be a horrendous experience. As said, only two songs were the salvage of this musical film.

Talking about other aspects of movie. The screenplay is weak and inconsistent however Subhash Ghai still manage to make things right. Peformancewise, as said earlier Salmaan Khan is ok , Anil Kapoor is good. Katrina Kaif is more an eye candy than a character. She looks different and good as always. Boman Iran (as Father of Katrina) is fine and so do the Mithun. However, Zayed khan failed to leave any impression, struggles for his act.

Other than this, movie locations are beautiful. Its cinematography I guess the was the most preferred aspect while production as apart of that nothing impressed me. Salmaan Khaan tried to look distinguished as its easily visible that extra effort has been given for his look in movie but failed to leave any marks. Rather the style of Salman makes him look unrealistic. I do not like that.

So it is the look and feel of the movie which is the most emphasized aspect but according to me, some content and quality execution is also necessary. Days are gone when a beautiful foreign location used to be a catch for movie.

Finally I will call it a let down as it fails to fulfill most of the expectations associated with. Watch it if you like Katrina or you are fan of Salmaan. Below average .. I give it 2/5.

Do give your views too

subratalovesu
    subratalovesu is offline Just in!

Re: Yuvvraaj Review- Subhash Ghai with Salmaan Khan (2008)

hello

skyizm
    skyizm is offline Newbie

nice songs....Great music given by AR Rehman

sportfree
    sportfree is offline eTI Iron

Subhash Ghai and Salman make a good combo...Wat do u say ??

http://[img]http://orkut.vidpoke.com....gif[/img]
    yk"

rock_amol
    rock_amol is offline eTI Iron

Why Are You Say ?...........

see more Details

+ Post a Comment HERE!