+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Kashmiri girl and bengali boy....intercaste marriage

Advert.

Unregistered Guest

Kashmiri girl and bengali boy....intercaste marriage

Advert.
    Hi,
    I am a 28 year old lady and in love with the guy of same age but in different community.We want to marry each other.Guy's family is ready but my parents are very adamant about me getting married in different culture.My father has always criticized almost everybody who has opted for love marriage.He has this notion that all other communities don't treat our daughters nicely and therefore,marriages do not work.I tried to explain him by all sources and means that guy is good and i will be pampered like i am being at my own home.He is very stubborn and very emotional.He has retired from his govt job last Aug.I was his favourite child and have lived all my life according to his wish.I told him several times that i have always followed his wish but this time he can make an exception by following my wish.But he has stopped talking to me at all.I stay at different city because of my work so they does not reply to my calls,messages and moreover my mother too is helpless as it's her husband who is at stake.My dad just locks himself in a room and sleeps whole day,cooks his own food and does not speak to anybody.On the other hand,my BF is a gem of a guy.He adores me a lot and he has all the qualities i need in my hubby.I have no clue what to do as my parents are shrinking day by day.

Sayantan Dasgupta
    Sayantan Dasgupta is offline Just in!

Arrange a Meeting between your dad and bf

Hello there, please tell your dad that Bengalis don't really treat their women any worse than any other North Indian Society, and the superstitions like dowry systems etc doesn't really exist. You can also arrange a surprise meet in between your bf and your dad. Your dad may humiliate him, however, if your bf is as gem a guy as you mentioned, then he will be through it. He needs to win the trust of your dad somehow. Also, it's easy for someone to be insecure about uncertain things, but when your dad may meet your bf in person, his opinion may change. I do not see any other way.

drsky
    drsky is offline eTI Iron
    Hello,
    I agree with the meeting, take a chance and see what takes place, prior to that you should try to get the support of all your family members(especially those whom your dad has high regard for) and family friends and have them speak to your parents, and see if there is any change. And write a nice long letter to your dad about all the positive aspects of your guy and how he would make a good son-in-law and a good husband.

And pray to God daily(for God is love) and HE can bring you love(miracles happen daily), and help couples and singles seeking love and marriage as much as possible(through out your life) so that positive karma/action will bring positivity or love into your life.

http://etalkindia.com/talk/love-frie...ds-dr-sky.html

Wish you the best,
    Dr.Sky

Mishti
    Mishti is offline Just in!
    Facing similar problem. Im a bengali girl and my boyfriend is from J&K. If interested to talk contact me.

shailabhi
    shailabhi is offline Just in!
    Did it work? Did you manage to convince your family? I too have a same situation. Hindu guy, Kashmiri girl. PLease do reply

lippi
    lippi is offline Just in!

Hi, I am a bengali girl getting married to a kashmiri pandit.

As understood, we love each other and we are getting married soon. However, i feel anxious all the time regarding his family and their inhibitions regarding me being a non kashmiri all the time. Do you have similar feelings

7. Advert.

+ Post a Comment HERE!