+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Why workers went on strike at Bollywood and television in India?"

Advert.

communicative
    communicative is offline eTI Iron

Why workers went on strike at Bollywood and television in India?"

Advert.
    Dear friends at eTI, recently there was an impasse between the West Indian Cine Employee's Union and the producers of television channels. Both at Bollywood and at TV, the workers were demanding higher wages. Are these workers really low-paid, or were they feeling the pinch of the "Global Economic Downturn?" Anybody in the know is hereby requested to enlighten us all on this important issue! Thanks!!!

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: Why workers went on strike at Bollywood and television in India?"

You may read this :
    Teleworker strike in India

Well, they are not underpaid but actually they think that they have to work too much. So they demanded increase in wages or cut in working time. Things are settled now and they all are back to work.

PS: this topic is more suitable for TV section.

communicative
    communicative is offline eTI Iron

Re: Why workers went on strike at Bollywood and television in India?"

Thank you for sending me to the television section, but I posted this in current news, because this subject is not related with TV programming etc., but is a big time news in and by itself! I had already received the news that the strike had ended, and that now we will get to see new episodes, instead of re-runs. Anyhow I am thankful to you for confirming this news for me! I was already surprised that how does TV manage to show new episodes on a daily basis; long hours for the workers indeed! Are they salaried actors or are they paid cheques for each appearance? Please respond if you can! Thanks!!!

+ Post a Comment HERE!