+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Whey protein concentrate or Isolate which one for beginner ?

Advert.

asaam
    asaam is offline eTI Iron

Whey protein concentrate or Isolate which one for beginner ?

Advert.
    Hello everyone,
    I always wanted to go to gym and workout and finally after years of lazy days I have started workout. Instructors in my Gym are suggesting that I should increase protein intake and as per him, my daily protein intake is half of the required when I told him my regular diet. I am non-vegetarian but rarely go for meat, but I take 5-8 egg white daily but still instructor says I need to take protein from more resources, he suggested me to get whey protein isolate and take atleast 60 gm daily in two parts. When I searched more about it then I found it is very costly, from reputed brands its on average Rs. 3000-4000 per kg. I also found whey protein concentrate which is littler cheaper costing around 2500-3000 per kg . Now I am confused which protein should I take and which one will help me most ?

Adi Mehta
    Adi Mehta is offline eTI Iron
    Whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate are two kind of whey protein in which ISOLATE comes with most amount of protein per gram, generally more than 90% and upto 97% .. so a 100gm of Whey protein isolate may have 97gm pure protein and rest other stuff. On the other side, concentrate has around 80% to 85% protein . Generally referred as WPC80 and is cheaper than isolate. You can take any of them considering the amount of protein you need daily. If you have rigrously exercising then around 4 gm per KG is the amount of protein you need, ie. if you are 70 KG , your roughly daily requirement would be 280gms daily, you can get take 200gm of WPC daily which gives you 160gms of protein and rest you get from regular food. Generally 2gm per KG is considered safe for people with active life stye.

+ Post a Comment HERE!