+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

News Channels : Media crossing the bounds ?

Advert.

iEditor
    iEditor is offline Just in!

News Channels : Media crossing the bounds ?

Advert.
    It is really something to talk about and to discuss. I do not know about media condition outside but in Indian perspective its changing a lot and specially with the advent of Satellite TV in last decade, it has really seen a lot of action.

Earlier we have only 2 times a day or sometimes 3 times a day news on our famous Doordarshan and it was then boring to me because it was disturbing so called entertainment available on Doordarshan at that time. Then it was start of DD Metro which gave a nice shake to Indian viewers and of course more airtime for news.

Then started channel war and one after another we have a lot of 24 hours news channel now, earlier trend was that most of the news channel were in English, as it was thought that only that class will be interested in 24 hour news but with the move of AajTak in Hindi teached that Hindi is India's mother language and it has to be Hindi if its in India. Now almost all news channel are in Hindi, even international channels started separate Hindi News Channels.

But all this movements, new channels, 24 hour news and thats too with lots of competition is really positive ? Yes it is, because now every news is given proper weightage , if its is ignored on one channel then other is giving proper coverage. It was all going good untill now. The channel war is now more hot and they need something to keep their viewers sticked to them.

Now this raise the issue that is it forcing media to cross their limit. Sting operations, live coverage to every small news, competition to be first to show the news, pressure of being accurate in news.. All this is leading to a lot of disturbance, atleast viewers can now notice it.

Every other news I see is like they are over hyping it. Last I remember a child who fell into a narrow borring hole left uncovered, its each and every moment was live telecasted. I am sure that news channel people were aware that it is crossing the limits but they were in the surge of competition that if they left anything then other channel might take advantage and in result, it was all crap lately on news channels that day, many other important news were then ignored.

Move further, there was a news when a person got killed in some quarrel, now they are asking their relative that "How they are feeling ?", is it a question to be asked ? If someone of your family has passed away then obviously you are sad and a person is constantly asking you that how you are feeling. It really looks miserable that for the sake of news, I have seen that thousands of time human sentiments were ignored.

Lately, Mr. Navjoth Singh Siddhu was sued for his 8 years old quarrel with a guy and he was accidently dead. That is another story that how he got bail then later on he was completely releaved just before the Election in Punjab but if you clearly see then you will find that it is Media who is making these people famous, he and his supporter recently interfered in a TV program and he was seeing all this with broad smile on his face , was looking more as if he was saying that "See! now its me again, the one who killed a guy" (Now as our honorable Court has released him from the charges so we can not call him defaulter and he is a respected citizen now ) but in that program when all that disturbing was going own, the anchor of the show was taunting on his "BROAD SMILE" that it is the face of today's POLITICS.

Now why these media person are not understanding that it was they itself who made this person and now they are critcizing him?

Recently, Mr. Girriraj Kishor (a senior writer) was announced to receive Padamshri Award, but it was shown the picture of Acharya Girriraj Kishor who is concerned to a political party. It is clear that it was confusion due to same name ie. but atleast before making anything news they should verify it. I saw him complaining about this in an artical at a newspaper.

To add more and more recent, Abhishek Bachchan received a car in Gift, earlier it was said that gifted to him by his father, later on media said that it is gifted to him by Amar Singh & now it is said that some Yusuf is responsible. First of all, is it a something to be a news of such exposure ? I am also feeling miserable to add it here in this artical but I have to add it because again media's irresponsible behaviour made this an issue.

I personally know few TV news reporter and I know how hard they work, busy always , ofcourse they are getting paid for that but I respect them because they show dedication and it seems that they like it.

In my views, whenever I see news then it appears as if we are being overdosed by news & media coverage.

It is high time that our Govt. should plan a dedicated guidelines for the channels and their workings. India do have but seems its not effective and it needs rework rather overhauling. Its because that if its not very urgent, I prefer reading newspaper.

iEditor

raj_shekhar72
    raj_shekhar72 is offline Just in!

Re: News Channels : Media crossing the bounds ?

I really pity the way Indian news channels are showing the news these days,especially the vernacular ones.The real issues get lost with these 24 hrs news channels.Very few of these come out with real local,national and international issues.Half of the time is wasted in the so called BREAKS .The channels waste balance of the time talking about useless issues 'history' of Virender Sehwag's poor form , Bachchan family's visit to temples, astrological matching of Abhishek-Aishwarya , and lastly some snake charmer's superstitious adventure.No body dares to find out the issues and make them known to the masses.I felt bad when these channels started showing Comedy shows also.

Where are we going? Why talk on Vidarbha suicides,Baglihar dam issue, are just lost within the 'breaks' and we end up listening what Mr Bachchan has to say about his Varanasi visit,how Raju Srivastava mimics the older Gabbar.

I have really stopped watching these channels.Compare this to the news quality of CNN,BBC and our own NDTV (English), and you can see the sea difference.Pure investigation and real issues are discussed at length.Our progress in mere doing back-office jobs will not make us the super-power,we will have to tighten our belts on media quality.These childish, medieval-aged news channels will spoil our credibility as sensible viewer.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Seems that every body is saying (including me) that news channels are now moving to wrong direction. They are now saturated with rather low quality content & its now irritating.

I too agree and want say that when I see these news then its like, I read scrolling strip at the bottom of screen and get whole idea about the stuff. Thats it. Their coverage, their news is useless.
    Now a days, they are behind cricket players, they are just trying to show everything which they can show about them.

Its ok that who are telling us something but should be given weightage as per their need. But not just filing up the time slot.

Rajshekhar ji, its really nice that you gave your views.
    Welcome to eTalkindia.

Suma kotamraju
    Suma kotamraju is offline Just in!

Hey guys…
    Though this is my first post, I have come with a good stuff which I came across recently.. Its all about a huge portal built for all Indians across the world….

Cheers,
    Suma kotamraju,

psnswaminathan
    psnswaminathan is offline eTI Iron

media - a commercial and political outfit - well connected can have footing on this field.

media is being used by politicians to creat hot story for a day to kill opponent.

In USA Jews use to control media and then control Government.

but in India even jews cannot control the media as well as Political parties as the number is so large.

now people solwly coming out of TV mania - no one take it so seriously - just they exist for exit.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Exactly, no one now takes it seriously. Only good thing is that we get to see various faces of same news but now people watch them more for fun as if watching a daily soap.

7. Advert.

psnswaminathan

cricket, great serioals, filims, film songs are favorites of the majority - no one look at politics

Noob
    Noob is offline eTI Member

Now a days watching weired news is not less than fun . They are just in search of such useless, worthless stories.

psnswaminathan

media thinks they are great - but people think otherwise.
    once media held the position of fourth estate equal to any other function of Government machinery - now the situation is different.

nkgrock
    nkgrock is offline Newbie

Media indeed is reduced to money making

psnswaminathan

for media India is my [media] India - for them freedom on everything - for citizen freen is within their four wall [house] - atleast that remains - we should be glad.

shembekarps
    shembekarps is offline Newbie

Media is a tool, which if given in wrong hands, can become an weapon. A journalist should own the responsibility of whatever he tries to express. He should bring out the truth but should also care for the emotions of common man. He should try to shift the idol-ship from film-stars to the real national heroes.

+ Post a Comment HERE!