+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Unboxing Transcend 256GB SSD340 Solid State Hard disk

Advert.

chahak
    chahak is offline Just in!

Unboxing Transcend 256GB SSD340 Solid State Hard disk

Advert.
    I wanted to upgrade the hardware of my desktop in order to boost up the booting speed. Considering the OS and most of the software, 256GB SSD would have been the best fit. I found Transcend SSD340 which matched all my requirements with the potential of high C/P.
    According to the official website for the description of SSD340SATA III 6Gb/s interface SSD, it is using synchronous MLC Flash particles and is equipped with DDR3 DRAM cache, TRIM and NCQ support. Features like smart commands & functions, built in intelligence collection algorithm, the average erase technology and ECC correction. It has the maximum read speed of 520 MB/s and writing Speed is of 290 MB/s with a warranty of 3 years. The series also offers 64 GB and 128 GB capacities which is remarkable.

Contents of the Transcend SSD340 include 3.5 inch hard drive bays, screws, warranty and instruction manual.
    Name:  t3.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  14.8 KB

Transcend has also included a bracket with SSD 340.
    I tested the performance of Transcend SSD 340 using CrystalDiskMark 3.0.2 Software
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t6.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	2247
    Then used the ATTO Disk Benchmark Software Testing

Name:	t7.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	2248
    The Product specifications used for testing were:
    CPU: i5-4670k
    DRAM: DDR3 4G
    MB: ASUS Z87-A
    SSD: TS256GSSD340
    I have found Transcend SSD 340 to be of a great value as the performance is high and there is increased functionality, making it a great deal.
    In addition, Transcend SSD official website also offers special software downloads which can be used to read the SSD's health.

Name:	t8.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	2249
    Firmware update function is there to display the latest version.

The actual boot time of Win 8 64bit is significantly higher than the original test of WD Scorpio Black 1TB HDD. After replacing the WD drive with the SSD, the boot time reduced from the original 38 seconds to 12 seconds. The time taken to copy large files of about 2GB went from 52 seconds to 14 seconds, and to copy one thousand photos the time was accelerated from 115 seconds to 21 seconds.

Name:	t10.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	2250
    Overall SSD340 has quite high CP value in SSD, 256GB making it a great bargain.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Dear Chahak , that is a good sharing, can you tell me at what price you purchased it ?
    Don't you think still they are very costly compared to convectional harddrives as 1 TB cost around Rs. 45K only..

+ Post a Comment HERE!