+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reform India Movement - What we can do ? 26/11 of India

Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Reform India Movement - What we can do ? 26/11 of India

Advert.
    Recently India suffered one of the most devastating terror attack. It is called as 9/11 of India and now people refer to it as 26/11 . More than 180 people killed and hundreds of people rendered injured in this tragic incident. People now have anger against weak and unorganized security of India. People showed anger against Indian Leaders in form of Peace March at Gateway of India. There is unrest among whole nation regarding the security of common man. While various Govt. agencies are blaming each for this disastrous event, India certainly need a REFORM.

There was a phrase which kept popping around "Reform India Movement" and also link to a website. Looking into that website, they were showing text : Unity is power. Let's unite by registering here. and asking for registration. Seems that they do not have any immediate use or they are in phase of planning that what to do with this domain. I guess by now thousands of people may have registered there.

They may have their plans but what we can do which is practical yet reforming. 26/11 turned out to be a big change in political environment of India. However, how long it is going to sustain and what will be the real effect, we can see only in long term. Definitely, security has been tightened throughout the country but is this a permanent change ?

Apart of immediate effect of 26/11 in social, political and security status of India, we need a reform which is going to sustain for long in Indian Society. We need a positive change. I saw political parties trying to use this incident as their political agenda. Their special emphasis were against current Govt. However, I found it part of cheap politics. They are just acting as opportunist and trying to cash the situation. Even I doubt that reformindiamovement.com site, which is asking for registration will come out to be a part of political campaign for a particular party.

Currently, politics is considered as a game of power and dominance as well a dirty game. We often, in India, call it DIRTY POLITICS. No wonder, today's youth never give consideration to politics as their career. But need of the time is that biggest change is required in leadership of India. Currently, the way politics is framed in India, emphasis are more on personal interest rather than interest of whole nation. I may not be a expert of Politics but as a citizen, like others, I too have very very very little faith on current form of politics and leadership. Or consider it as no faith at all. Politics gave us social discrimination. Even, that was not enough, because of politics we now face regional discrimination. I hope most of you remember case of "Rahul Raj", a youth who died as victim of such politics. And I am surprised how easily people are influenced. Do we as citizen do not have our own perspectives ? I have seen people blindly following the leaders they believe and leaders easily manipulating them.

Do we not have our independent thinking ?

As citizen of country, we have several responsibilities and one of them is to choose the path which is favourable for country but not for the fovour of some individual..

Aren't We Indian's have ability to decide between RIGHT and WRONG ?

Keep aside those politician who are playing their dirty games for the personal interest. Aren't we having ability to decide what is wrong and what is right? May be their are manipulating us but why we are allowing them to do so? I see many so called political groups every now and then disrupts peace of society in name of religion, cause violence and yet they are free to do so. Neither you, nor me wants to be part of such groups then who are those people? Clearly those are bunch of people who want to use medium of politics to make big money and their only motive is money. So how come they can justify? Moreover, we act as blind when such incidents are happening around.

So its dirty politics root cause ? No ! its not the only reason...

As I hinted, at great extent we ourselves are also responsible. How and why we allow some chunk of cunning people to manipulate us? Our Ignorance is biggest threat. And it is true. How many times you tried to complain about corruption of such and such Govt. employee? Corruption is so much prevailing in society that we have accepted it as a part of system. But its us who are responsible for it. We are also part of it. Tell me how many times you cared about the low quality of material used in the road building next to your house? Me, you all knows that its because corruption, Govt's money is going vain. Did you care to complain it?

Lots of Ignorance and Lack of Awarness

Because of our ignorance we allow corruption. If at first place we refuse and we rather complain against the corrupted officials and officers then how come it will spread. But rather people among us use corruption as the way to get favours. Everytime when Govt. introduces something new and useful I usually find that it is just one more opportunity for corrupted to earn money while all work is restricted to paper and nothing is done in real. A guy I know works Govt. and his work is something regarding survey etc. for new Petrol Pumps and what he get, for every new Petrol Pump he get almost 1 lakh along with his officials to issue no objection certificate. Another example is Govt. tenders, I do not much details but I know that there fix commission set for clerks etc to pass tenders etc. The fix commission is open bribe. I met an contractor, he told me that there is fix percentage of commission he has to pay to Govt. guys to get his payment. He said that they have to finish JOB in 50% of sanctioned amount, though on paper its 100% but rest 50% goes as bribe as well some more benefits for him. He said, even if he wants to do things following all rules and regulation, he can't do.
    So it is a kind of system we have developed that without bribe there is no work.

Need of time is to come forward

Still, many of us wants to stand against the corruption and exploitation in the society but are hesitant. Few starts but when the real effort is required, they give up. And sometimes, who get success, joins the mainstream and becomes the part of infected system and original cause to reform disappears.

We need a way to unite the people of same thoughts, same thinking and single cause to reform India. As said earlier, no youth wants to choose politics as career hence we see very few news and capable faces in this field. Do you remember any single Political Personal whom you think is justified for his designation. How come a person who can't even speak properly can do justice to nation? Or a person who is can not connect himself to the current need of nation can do the best for the nation?

We had Mr. APJ Kalam as President of India but he was not able to remain in Politics because he was least concerned about it. Rather his main concern was Nation. We have many political personals who are well qualified and highly educated but how many of them are innovative and updated ? I guess no one. Mr. Kalam was one who was updated as well concerned about development and was connected to citizens. You can read his speeches and then you can realize that he was one of the right person for leadership.But sadly in our Nation, a President is not powerful as it is in other nations.

Why youth do not make their own political party and spread their agendas of reforming India? We should come forward and form our own party that can directly connect to every citizen and for them the welfare of the nation must be first cause. Mostly people who join Politics are those who are dominating position in society in form of Money or Force. Around me, I see MPs, MLA are basically from such back grounds. And their motive of joining the Politics is to make money and get more power. But we need those for whom money is not the objective. MLA, MPs already get sufficient amount of pay. Still these people wants more. As career its not bad choice but the amount of dirty game in politics hinders most of us.. is it true? I say, at a certain extent its true. But every job / career has its own part of difficulties and so do politics. Being Politician you get opportunity to serve nation, serve public and if you are getting something in back then should be considered as bonus.

Recently, same idea was sited on blog of celebrity Aamir Khan, he requested youth to create their own Political Party to serve nation. May be you and me can do same ?

There are many more thing I want to express through this page but it will be endless. All I can say that youth of India is frustrated of current leadership, current system and infrastructure. May be it appears that things are going fine but it is not the case. We are just sitting on a bomb of frustration which can explode anytime. The youth action post crisis of 26/11 just showed only a part of it. Real is yet to come.

We need to spread awareness and have to unite people / youth so that can come forward and can Reform India. Everyone must be part of Reform India Movement. I would you to spread the word and come forward to share your thoughts too.

communicative
    communicative is offline eTI Iron

Re: Reform India Movement - What we can do ? 26/11 of India

First of all, I must appreciate this effort on part of eTI's Hero member Mr. Ricky, to speak up on a very obvious issue. Still, I would like to mention here that corruption and inefficiency among politicians, is not just in India, but in South Asia as a whole! The root cause of the problem is this: feudal land-owners, or urban business elite, with no needs remaining, try to buy their way into public offices, by playing the game of democracy! Come election time and you would see them bend their backs, and twist their morality to gain or regain power. What they are actually after is celebrity status! They get a lot of money for their constituencies, but during their years in power, for a common person they are simply out of reach. Their public contact is limited to just one vote per adult, every four or five years! So they are generally out of touch with reality, and say what ever suits their political agendas.
    Then we come to the civil and military public service officials. They are mostly recruited by favouritism, and not merit! For example, if you have a relative who is in military service, you stand a good chance of getting a commission there, despite the fact that there may be many more meritorious candidates, besides you! When they get side-tracked, you may imagine their frustration. They simply loose their will to live, and become capable of doing anything!!!
    So first and foremost, all political and State offices should not be filled due to feudal, parochial, filial or unmeritorious means. Secondly, there should be rule of Law instead of rule of INDIVIDUAL influentials! To bring this about, should be the main aims of the "India Reformation Movement!"
    Now let us take the example of the recent Mumbai incident.
    How did the terrorists reach Mumbai?
    It is said that a ship came from Karachi, Pakistan and anchored itself in Indian territorial waters. Then different channels give different stories. Some say that they first went from the ship by boat to a Gujarat beach, from where the miscreants travelled by launches to Mumbai. Second version is that they travelled in an inflattable rubber dinghy from the ship in the high seas to the shores of Mumbai!
    If they came to Gujarat first, who gave them the launches! And were they so skilled in marine navigation that they travelled by night, from Gujarat to Mumbai, without being noticed by anyone? This seems to be not possible, and a made up story!
    Then, if they travelled from the ship to the shore by a rubber dinghy, how could it support more than a ton of weight, and was it oared to the beach?
    Only SUPERMEN could have done that, and those boys were no SUPERMEN!
    Very important is the ship! What is it's name, where is it registered? Who are it's crew members and of what nationality? How do the authorities know that it came from Karachi, where the port is on highest level of security, these days! The young boys dodged the commandos for more than 60 hours.
    Why were they not captured alive and paraded before the World's media!
    The one captured is said to have his hand hit by a bullet, and was found unconscious. After first aid in hospital it was claimed that he was talking to the authorities that he was from a banned militant organisation in Pakistan? Why was he not brought before the media for a press conference, since if Pakistani militants indeed where involved, then proof should have been provided forth with, so that harshest methods could be used against the miscreants!
    All of this proves only one thing! Firstly that there was more of local involvement in this action. The it is proved that the elected politicians and the bureaucracy, both civil and military have a great mistrust between each other.
    So the first reform should bring meritorious people in public offices!

Secondly, a bond of trust should be built between elected government politicians and employed members of the various organs of the State.

Thirdly, rivalry between the various organs of state security should be replaced by trust and most important; COMMUNICATION channels between them should remain open at all times!!! These organs should move as organs of one body! Still a trustworthy government of politicians is required, which should revise their pay scales, and service rules!
    Pakistan is committed to cooperate fully with India, so full advantage should be taken of this situation! Politicians should lead by example, to win back the trust of the people, which they have woefully LOST!!! These are some of the measures which would improve things not only in India only but in the South Asian Region as a whole! Remember Phillipines, ruled by corrupt dictator Marcos and his wife Amelda! People's power removed him, and now Phillipines, has moved far ahead. So bring about reforms, but use "PEOPLE'S POWER' to do it!!! Thanks!!!

Ricky

Quote Originally Posted by communicative
    Now let us take the example of the recent Mumbai incident.
    How did the terrorists reach Mumbai?
    It is said that a ship came from Karachi, Pakistan and anchored itself in Indian territorial waters. Then different channels give different stories. Some say that they first went from the ship by boat to a Gujarat beach, from where the miscreants travelled by launches to Mumbai. Second version is that they travelled in an inflattable rubber dinghy from the ship in the high seas to the shores of Mumbai!
    If they came to Gujarat first, who gave them the launches! And were they so skilled in marine navigation that they travelled by night, from Gujarat to Mumbai, without being noticed by anyone? This seems to be not possible, and a made up story!
    Then, if they travelled from the ship to the shore by a rubber dinghy, how could it support more than a ton of weight, and was it oared to the beach?
    Only SUPERMEN could have done that, and those boys were no SUPERMEN!
    Very important is the ship! What is it's name, where is it registered? Who are it's crew members and of what nationality? How do the authorities know that it came from Karachi, where the port is on highest level of security, these days! The young boys dodged the commandos for more than 60 hours.
    Why were they not captured alive and paraded before the World's media!
    The one captured is said to have his hand hit by a bullet, and was found unconscious. After first aid in hospital it was claimed that he was talking to the authorities that he was from a banned militant organisation in Pakistan? Why was he not brought before the media for a press conference, since if Pakistani militants indeed where involved, then proof should have been provided forth with, so that harshest methods could be used against the miscreants!
    All of this proves only one thing! Firstly that there was more of local involvement in this action. The it is proved that the elected politicians and the bureaucracy, both civil and military have a great mistrust between each other.
    So the first reform should bring meritorious people in public offices!

Secondly, a bond of trust should be built between elected government politicians and employed members of the various organs of the State.

Thirdly, rivalry between the various organs of state security should be replaced by trust and most important; COMMUNICATION channels between them should remain open at all times!!! These organs should move as organs of one body! Still a trustworthy government of politicians is required, which should revise their pay scales, and service rules!
    Pakistan is committed to cooperate fully with India, so full advantage should be taken of this situation! Politicians should lead by example, to win back the trust of the people, which they have woefully LOST!!! These are some of the measures which would improve things not only in India only but in the South Asian Region as a whole! Remember Phillipines, ruled by corrupt dictator Marcos and his wife Amelda! People's power removed him, and now Phillipines, has moved far ahead. So bring about reforms, but use "PEOPLE'S POWER' to do it!!! Thanks!!!
    Why you always bent discussion into a Pak favouring / defending post ? First of all, reading your post, it seems you are not updated. There are no two stories, it is clear that they first came in some big vessel and then hijacked an Indian trawler, later on used small boat to reach Mumbai. Their plan was clear to enter Mumbai in dark. Owner of that trawler found clean. Moreover, it was spotted by security agencies while he was trying to breach Indian marine borders but as said, due to lack of coordination between Indian security agencies, no proper action was taken.

Also, sadly you accept it or not, all links are being traced back to Pakistan. Pakistan Govt. may not be involved but someone who is residing there is involved. Even strong evidence are being found against involvement of Pak agencies. As I told, sooner or later, we will get complete story. India's Govt. did accept their failure but again, the crisis was there, people died. Someone is behind it. And who is it ? Its unfolding, just wait and watch. Mr. Ivor, We have no grudges against Pak but defending Pak will not hide the truth. Even your Govt. is not involved but it is a failure to check terrorism and similar activities.

Now, come to the recruitment. In India there are various high level entrance test for military services and there almost no chance of corruption there. So if you one is talented enough then he can't be affected by corruption. Yes, at lower level and direct recruitment, there are anomalies.

The root cause of the problem is this: feudal land-owners, or urban business elite, with no needs remaining, try to buy their way into public offices, by playing the game of democracy! Come election time and you would see them bend their backs, and twist their morality to gain or regain power. What they are actually after is celebrity status! They get a lot of money for their constituencies, but during their years in power, for a common person they are simply out of reach. Their public contact is limited to just one vote per adult, every four or five years! So they are generally out of touch with reality, and say what ever suits their political agendas.
    If I get it right, I did mention about same. I said mostly those people join who are already having a powerful status and wants more power as well wants to exploit their status for the sack of politics ie. even more power. Ofcourse, when their main motive is more power and more money, there are very few chances that they can get connected to common man.

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

in the end i'll say we need a
    LOYAL,BRAVE.INTELLIGENT,STRONG CHRACTER

DICTATOR
    kamal

erksar
    erksar is offline Newbie

Dear fellow citizens,

We have to take it as a Second Independence Movement. We have to be really independent of some or more corruptive officials or politicians. Due to no single party govt at the Centre and more regionalism and castesims have crept in the States which are being controlled by petty politics and self serving coalitions we are really stuck up at the National level. The casualty is the national spirit and social service. Anti social elements have encroached Politics, Business and Govt. Education is no longer is a service but it is only another source for generating untaxed black money.

Thanks to globalization and opened up economy there is pressure to make quick money. As a non- financial expert my opinion is whenever there is unusual high Index of Share Markets there will be huge inflation and some scams somewhere in the financial sector. What US is experiencing and others falling in line are not due economical problems but only due administrative mis-management of public money - IT IS ONLY A SCAM-LIKE THING. And public money is always pumped in India or US to prop up the losses due to these scams.

Communism has failed. Capitalism has also failed. But the capitalistic society is not coming forward to accept the failure Democratic system of governance came in as a substitute for dictatorship or monarchy. But hereditary type democracy has landed everywhere and democracy and discipline have lost its importance. Money and muscle power have flourished everywhere.

We have to bring in Nationalism with Discipline everywhere. Social minded Professionals and thinkers should openly enter politics and take control of the worsening situation everywhere.

Let us not stop with writing articles in the web or magazines. Let us enter the streets under the leaderships of people like Abdul Kalam , Narayan Moorthy & Ratan Tata & Manmohan Singh.

India would have been a better democracy if we had Nethaji and Patel at the top along with Nehru in the beginning. While India is lucky enough to have Gandhiji for getting Independence we were unlucky for having lost him earlier and also Patel and Nethaji. They are for discipline and dharma.

Nehru had been a visionary. He gave us the mixed -economy concept – now to be followed even in US. He gave us the Public Sectors, BARC, ISRO etc. But there was no strong administratively strong and disciplinary leader to strengthen our moral and dynamic systems. Let us reorient our democracy from a liberalistic society to a disciplinary society where corruption is really punished in time and efficiency and ability is encouraged everywhere irrespective of caste, religion. Party, language. Let the silent majority come out in open and control the situation.

Let us not be passive spectators. Let us be not only the catalyst for change.

Let us CHANGE and also LEAD CHANGE.

Ramalingam K S

Engineering & Management Consultant

Chennai –90 Email: [email protected]

saransankar
    saransankar is offline Just in!

Its time for INDIA to awake and order Pak some comments giving them 48 hours to capture all the terrorist tent within thier country and bring them infront of the world otherwise INDIA should attack those terrorist and kill them so the entire drama gets over.........

Jai Hind.........

7. Advert.

Ricky

Pak may or may not hand over those WANTEDs to India but do you think India will change ? Question is not about what others did to us, but its about are we strong enough to guard our self ?

communicative

It is not that I am trying to defend Pakistan that I wrote the things that I do not understand! I daily serch the web, and listen to international news channels about terrorism! So I want to get to the bottom of what happened in Mumbai, and how? I do not understand how those men carrying sub-machine guns were able to travel all over Mumbai, without anybody taking notice or action? Pakistani miscreants may be involved, and when found out, will be dealt with under the Law in special anti-terrorism courts! Now this is a new twist to the story, adding a hijacked trawler, which I have found in no international media source! As far as giving of 48 hours to Pakistan is concerned, it is unrealistic, because Pakistan has been after these guys, since 9/11 of the USA, and has placed their organisations under a ban. They however are a slippery lot, and are well hidden in the Pakistan underground! Please note that Pakistan of today is not the Pakistan of 1971. So it is in the interest of India and Indians, to avoid making instant anti-Pakistan remarks! All I am discussing is that how can India improve it's security! It is by improving communications and trust between various security agencies, and by bringing trustworthy political leaders to power in the coming elections! I wish all human to live in peace and harmony! Thanks!!!

communicative

Then is the name of the captured boy! At various places I have found it to be Ajmal, Amir, Aamir and Afzal. His last name is said to be "Kasab," which means butcher! There is no sub-caste in interior Punjab, of this name and no self respecting person would can be named "Kasab" butcher or "Katil" killer etc. The Pakistani authorities combed the village he said that he belonged to! Nobody knows him, and no "Kasab" family ever lived in that place, or is registered in government papers! I think he was a rural Pakistani, who became a petty criminal in Lahore or somewhere, and was recruited by militants with international outreach. It is not possible that this action was carried out exclusively by Pakistani elements without a huge involvement of Indian undesirables! The authorities have swooped on a camp in Pakistan linked Kashmir, and have arrested 15 person from Jamaat-e-Dawa, including one mentioned by Indian authorities. The Associated Press quoted Pakistani government officials saying Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi was among those detained in Sunday's raid. The sources said Lakhvi was named by the Mumbai gunman as a mastermind of the attacks.I would just like this sad incident come to it's lawful conclusion both in India and Pakistan! But it should not be allowed to spoil the improved relations between two neighbours, because it is against the interests of both! Thanks!!!

tapas_abg
    tapas_abg is offline Just in!

Well.....Most part of this topic is being discussed by elites of this forum ...i want to just light another candle with all of you by using root cause analysis to define the sequences of the cause which became the effect & the effect which may leads to cause....The educated guess is that the terrorists behind the Mumbai attacks were from Lashkar-e-Taiba or Jaish-e-Muhammad, both Pakistani groups that have focused on Kashmir. The result is that we face a real danger of escalating tensions that will be bad for India and bad for Pakistan and Afghanistan. The risk is that Indian nationalists, such as the hot-headed chief minister of Gujarat, Narendra Modi, use the Mumbai attacks to gain ground and be more confrontational toward Pakistan. That in turn would empower Pakistani nationalists and radicals, and we would see more terror attacks in Pakistan and India alike. Moreover, since Afghanistan is one of the fields of competition between India and Pakistan, Afghan’s future would be compromised as well.

That said, Pakistan has to face its responsibility. The Pakistani government, particularly the ISI and other intelligence agencies, have had longstanding links with Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jaish-e-Muhammad. Those ties were cut back after pressure from Washington in the aftermath of 9/11, but Pakistan never really cracked down and put either group out of business as it could have. It just told them to pipe down and put pressure on them to behave better, and it curbed infiltration into India.

As I noted in a blog post before the Mumbai attacks, I heard during my trip to Pakistan that the government of Asif Ali Zardari has again allowed more of these infiltrations of militants into Indian Kashmir; it’s not clear to me if that’s because Zardari wants to put pressure on India or create a foreign scapegoat for his own problems, or if he just doesn’t want to spend his political capital tackling jihadis in Pakistan (there’s a view in the Pakistani security forces that it’s best to redirect hotheads toward India so that they don’t bother Pakistani targets).

So Zardari and other Pakistanis are right that the Islamabad government is innocent of any direct involvement in the Mumbai attacks. But I also think that if the government and intelligence agencies were serious about stopping infiltrations, they could. I also think they could be far more aggressive in uprooting Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jaish-e-Muhammad. The Pakistani security forces have always tended to see militants as tools to be used in India or Afghanistan, rather than as threats to stability. So I don’t think the Pakistani government is guilty, but I also don’t think it’s quite innocent.

As for India, its harsh violations of human rights in Kashmir — and the brutal anti-Muslim pogroms in Gujarat — have empowered groups like Lashkar-e-Taiba (in much the same way that America’s policies in Guantanamo have empowered Al Qaeda). And India was slow to react to olive branches from General Musharraf, missing the chance to ease tensions in Kashmir. There’ll be a tendency for enraged Indians to want to follow the Dick Cheney model now and fight back, but that Cheney model didn’t work so well for America and I would counsel Indians not to follow it.

At the end of the day, India’s interest is in a calmer, less militant, more economically vibrant Pakistan. The last thing India should want is a western border with the Taliban. When I made references to Kashmir in my first Pakistan column, Indians erupted in anger and asked why they should give up Kashmir to Pakistan. But that’s not what anybody is talking about, and indeed that’s not what Kashmiris want. A starting point is to introduce oversight and transparency in Kashmir, so that security forces don’t rape and torture Kashmiris with impunity. I would also see more trade and tourism ties between the two countries, to support moderates and undermine extremists.

But, alas, I’m afraid we may be on a downward spiral, with Indian and Pakistani nationalists alike gaining ground and empowering the other. I just hope that the Indian business community will step up to the plate and demand moderation and stand up to the Hindu nationalists.

communicative

I appreciate the comment made by tapas_abg. Still I would like to remind you that Kashmir continues to remain the main sticking point between India and Pakistan. India is a much bigger country than Pakistan, with a much larger military force as well. This military force is used to keep Indian Administered Kashmir, as a part of the Indian Union! Pakistan's viewpoint is that as per UN resolutions on Kashmir, the people of Kashmir should express their opinion through a referendum, whether they wish to be a part of India, Pakistan or wish to become an independent state. India, however perhaps because it is scared that other states under it's control may also demand the same, just tries to sweep this issue under the rug, while using military's fair or foul means to keep the Kashmiri Muslims at bay! Thus Lashkar-e-Taiba, and Jaish-e-Mohammad, were established and funded by Pakistan's military intelligence. Soon these outfits found funding from Middle East, and went out of control of their sponsors. That is when the US, as always, wanting to use Pakistan for it's own interests, asked that these organisations being banned. And after the attack on Indian parliament, (the ISI is not stupid enough to have sponsored that), at the US request, these organisations were banned (assets, bank accounts freezed etc.). Here it must be remembered that these organisations on their own, obtained funding from abroad, and Muslim extremist leaders from India! After 9/11, Pakistan government had to contend with Al-Qaeda, who were being given shelter by the Taleban. The Taleban had also been formed by Islamabad, at one point of time. The US lacks continuity in it's foriegn policy, and the people of Afghanistan that it armed to fight the then USSR, became it's enemies when they tried to establish an Islamic theocratic state in Afghanistan. Since that was also against the interests of the moderate Islamic Republic of Pakistan, it has been fighting the Taliban ever since. This put a tremendous strain on Pakistan economically, militarily and socially as well. That is why outfits like the Lashkar etc., continued their agendas, with foreign funding. Since the govenment of Pakistan was busy in the tribal belt, it ignored them because they were not making trouble, until their name again popped out of the mouth of the surviving Mumbai, hitman! I think that this is a wake up call for both India and Pakistan. An over-whelming majority of Pakistanis are moderate Muslims and an over-whelming majority of Indians are moderate Hindus. So it is in the interest of both the South Asian neighbours to resolve their issues peacefully, and improve cooperation between each other, so as to prevent extremists of both sides, to gain the upper hand! Without such a cooperation among moderates in this region, no one side can contain extremism on its own. Thanks!!!

matta t reddy
    matta t reddy is offline Just in!

join me at uniteindiamovement.com

"jananijanmabhumishca svargadapi gariyasi—Mother and Motherland are greater by far than even heaven and no sacrifice is greater on alter of motherland."

"Some Are Fighting for Heaven But We Indians Fight For Our Nation"

Are you frustrated reading and writing blogs? Writing endless comments in newspapers with no real results? Want real change? Then Join US

“Change Is Not By Chance

Change Needs Revolution”

Today Whole World Is looking at India as the future of the world economy and to be a key Player of world Politics and this credit goes to those hard working parents who worked hard day and night to educate their children for a better future, to those also children who worked hard to make their parents dream come true, to those soldiers who fought for us bravely, to those businessmen who made India a business superpower and to those scientists who helped us touch the moon.
    "BUT"

Today these very Indians are killing each other on the name of religion, cast,region,ideology, etc etc. wide spread corruption, lack of business ethics and dismal law&Order situation is threatening the achievement we made so far.

"WHY?"

Because we are not united and we lack true leadership
    While progress in areas of business, science and technology is quite impressive, the progress in areas of leadership actually going down we started with great leader like Gandhi and digressed to leaders who are corrupt, highly violent, and divisive and it is only getting worse as the years go by.

The Goal

Bring about constitutional reforms in such a way that government truely represents people acts a unifying factor and rules by rule of law keeping thugsand criminals at bay. For more reform information go to Constitutional reform page.

Strategy

UIM would provides leadership and acts as a unifying factorto achieve our larger goal.

“ A Leader Is One Who acts as Unifying factor not a dividing factor India is such a diverse society that if we start dividing ourselves we have no end in sight”

“SO”
    Before we tackle any issue itis important that we unify and Unite India Movement Goal is to provide aPlatform for all Like minded people to come together and provide our countrywith Necessary leadership that our country deserves.

Short term Goals
    In order to unify we need to remove the devideing factors one such factor used and abused time and again is reservation act. This is our primary goal and urgent goal and how we are going to achieve this can be found in reservation reform page of this website.

Strategy

"Note + Vote= Power"

Problem

The most complaint we hear from voters is that their Vote doesn’t count and thecomplaint of Politicians is if we don’t use cast, religion and money we can’t win.

Solution
    Unite India Movement would stand behind a candidate(not any party and can belong to any party we want these principles to be apart of every party) who would stand by the principles of

1.Unity
    2.Liberty
    3.Equality
    4.Abide by rule of law
    We would then stand behind them with our voter’s alliance and money.

“My Idea Is Simple, When religious leaders can Form Alliances and make or break the governments than why can’t wethe like minded individuals who are actually the majority do the same”

If they don’t stand by the principles they have to pay the price literally i.e by writing a bond for huge sum.

What Do You Do

1.Become a member Today
    2.Raise Funds
    3.Recruit friends and family andspread the word through email.(very important)
    4.Participate in forum discussions Forum
    5.Submit blog posts.
    6.Propose policy changes and newstrategies
    7.Take The Work to the streets andreach the masses educate them about good governance.
    “Sky is the limit”
    Our initial goal is every indian useing internet should be our alliance member

What do you need

All you need is a will to wait for the change, and you need not be a citizen nor you need money if you don't have money or right to vote you can still contribute by posting blogs,participating in forums recruiting people, so every one can do something andtogether we build a India for a better tomorrow.

Long Term Strategy
    “Internet is like air-force we needGround troops to control” by this I mean we need to take it to the streets ifyou are behind me I am ready for the plunge.

-UIM

communicative

Pakistan's President Asif Ali Zardari, recently stated that Pakistan Government has stopped aiding those Kashmiri elements which are called "seperatists" by Dehli, and "freedom fighters" by Muslim jihadist extremists, loosing much political capital by doing so! While some Pakistani actors in their personal capacity might have been involved in Mumbai massacre, but no clear evidence has been found to-date, even though more than 240 key members of Dawa (a charity founded by former members of the banned Lashkar) and Jiash (whose chief is Azhar Mehmood, an absconding Indian Muslim) have been arrested, and remanded! Old generation of Indian politicians have anti-Pakistan sentiment as their second nature, as for example, while the anti-terror operation was still going on in Mumbai, Foreign Minister Pranab Mukhrjee instantly went on air and blamed Pakistan to be behind the tragedy, while it took Dehli 45 days to hand over "Kasab's" file to Pakistan authorities.
    While India needs to shore up it's internal security, one heartening fact is that the new generation of both Indians and Pakistanis do not harbour instantaneous animosity against each other. Among my own Internet friends, there are many Indians, including some Bollywood divas! So yes, you my friends of the Indian new generation SHOULD form a group, with aim to correct corruption in high places, and to implement ways and means to improve the lot of the Indian common man! If Pakistan can see India as "big brother," we first have to build warm sentiment for each other, which should also be one of the aims of the new group being contemplated here!
    Thanks,
    Ivor

ashok_replies
    ashok_replies is offline eTI Iron

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky
    Pak may or may not hand over those WANTEDs to India but do you think India will change ? Question is not about what others did to us, but its about are we strong enough to guard our self ?
    Sorry for being late Ricky. A simple answer to your question which you actually know yourself. The answer is "NO".

author7000
    author7000 is offline Newbie

even if the world bends on its knees to help india....our present system couldn't improve a thing

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast