+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

TIP:Nvidia HDMI display dull / washed out reproduction issue fix

Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Post TIP:Nvidia HDMI display dull / washed out reproduction issue fix

Advert.
    This small tip is for those who are facing washed out color / dull color with their HDMI connector. To explain further, black is not really black and white is not really white. It feels as if quality of Monitor or display is sub standard. But the issue actually lies with Nvidia GPUs.

This is because despite under Display->Adjust Desktop Color Settings your digital color format being set at RGB, its actually by default set at Limited RGB, not Full. And you will see there is no option for Full RGB. Don't use ycbcr444 as it will oversaturate reds and magentas.

On searching around, while on Nvidia forums, I found solution which worked well for me, you can also use it easily. This is all about modifying some settings directly in registery, however there is tool to do for you if you want, Click here to download.

After applying the tool, you will have to restart your system and then adjust brightness and contrast and you should have better and crispier display. There is also one more not, until the issue is not resolved by Nvidia, you have to apply this fix every time you update your driver.

I am not sure if this problem has been resolved with newer Nvidia card and drivers, though settings to have full RGB is available in Nvidia control panel but only affects video playback.

You can get it under Video->Adjust Video Color Settings--> Advanced, but this doesn't affect your games, applications, etc. Only videos.

This is very small tip but can be useful for many who are using HDMI cable and with Nvidia GPU. If you found it useful, if it helped you then do stop by and leave your comment.

Kaustub
    Kaustub is offline Newbie
    Thanks for sharing the information. I hope it will help lots of people to solve the problem related to their Display because of their Nvidia GPU.

+ Post a Comment HERE!