+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Anti-depression thread

Advert.

Final Fantacy
    Final Fantacy is offline eTI Member

Anti-depression thread

Advert.
    hey guys, its me shivam..I was browsing about depression lately.. and came across this amazing article. if you feel down or depressed sometimes then believe me - read this , its little long though but totally worth it.

Let me begin by saying this: depression is an ongoing battle. You will have good days, and you will have really, really, really bad days. You’re going to have days where all you want to do is sleep, because it hurts to be awake, and sleep is the only way to get away from yourself. But don’t.
    • Distract yourself. Be it with movies, video games, books, or forced conversations. Get out of your own head for a minute. Forget what you feel, and experience something else.

• Get a pet. I can tell you that there were times when I felt like my cat was the only living thing that might love me. Even if he just wanted food.

• Invest in small things that make you happy. Whatever that is, surround yourself in those little moments of joy. A cup of tea, a luxurious bath, a cigar, your favourite lush perfume, down pillows, whatever makes you happy or relaxed.
    • Force yourself to interact. Start with people you love. Then people you might like with time. Even if you attend a small party for fifteen minutes, you’re making progress. And you’ll feel less alone.

• Make yourself up. Even if its just to go to the bank or to get the mail. It might feel like a disguise, and for all intents and purposes, it is. Don’t get me wrong, I can still hate myself when I’m wearing mascara, and maybe society has me completely fucked. But I feel a little better when I’ve put effort into feeling prettier.

• Find a safety blanket. Mine is literally a blanket. I hide under a blanket. My husband knows I’m hiding, and takes further steps: either leaving me alone, or getting under it with me. I had a friend who would hide in her closets. If you feel safe, even though logically you know that a blanket cannot keep out the monsters, then you are safe. What you feel is what matters right now.

• Seek help. A mixture of therapy and medication are the railway to my destination. Find yours. Try new things. Ask for help. Its cliché and you've heard it before, but seek help. Its okay to need help.
    • While we’re talking about what’s okay, its okay to cry. Sometimes you just need a good god damn cry. I once cried for an hour because the cat wouldn't come when I called him. Seriously.

• Its also okay to tell people about your depression. Once my closer friends knew, they seemed to accept and understand what was happening. Again, it made me feel less alone.
    • In those darkest moments, when you feel like no one would notice if you were gone, think of the people that love you. I know it hurts. I know. I empathize with your bad days. Some people may not understand. Some will blatantly tell you that they won’t support you. Get rid of those people. You, no matter what you have done, who you are, and how you feel right now, are important. You are loved. I won’t pretend that I know you, or even love you, but someone does. Someone out there loves you and is worried about you.

• Wake up every morning and evaluate your feelings. Then steer your brain-ship in the right direction. Its not going to be easy. But find your bearings. You deserve a safe and happy life, whatever you conceive that to be.

lets hope it helps you...remember there's no reason to be sad or depressed, being sad is a waste of time. Life is short

xSatishx
    xSatishx is offline Just in!
    here's some more info about depression
    -

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Best thing is to keep your self rewarded, do things which makes you feel rewarded, if you have enough daily dose of reward then you will never feel depressed. It can be anything like finishing pending task, doing things you always wanted to do or visiting places.. etc.

+ Post a Comment HERE!