+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Massive DDos attack by a 17 year old teen in Norway

Advert.

Rohit Chandra
    Rohit Chandra is offline eTI Iron

Massive DDos attack by a 17 year old teen in Norway

Advert.
    I wonder that I don't know anything, I just came to read a news where a 17 year old Teen brought down Norway Financial Sector's websites using massive DDos attack.

Here is the news :

The Norwegian police have arrested and charged a 17-year-old for a massive distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack earlier this week that disabled the websites of major financial institutions and other businesses in the country.

Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack is designed to sabotage, shut down and overload the targeted website with web traffic more than its capacity in order to make it unavailable to users. The attack targeted five major banks, two telecommunication firms, three airlines and one insurance company, as their websites and online payment systems were disrupted.

The unnamed teen claimed to be a part of the hacktivist group Anonymous Norway for what was thought to be the country's biggest ever cyber-attack on businesses. Although, the Anonymous Norway, via a Twitter message, has dismissed any connection to him or the cyber attack.

The youngster was a resident of Bergen, on Norway’s west coast. He was arrested on Thursday morning and questioned by police in Bergen, while he was sitting in front of computer.

This is amazing, I am sure most of people here don't even know about DDos and using computer from ages and this young Teen is able to organize massive DDOS attack.

At the time, the teen was charged with gross vandalism, which carries a maximum prison sentence of up to six years in Norway and, since the suspect has no past criminal record and is legally still a minor in Norway, his punishment is likely to be much lighter

So, if held guilty, can spend upto 6 years in prison, his whole youth will be destroyed. Hard to understand why people do such things. Fancy ?

Final Fantacy
    Final Fantacy is offline eTI Member
    Rohit Hi, thanks for sharing this article.
    About Ddos let me tell you.. its not hard as you think it is.. all it takes is one click and few numbers (ip adress)

Hard to understand why people do such things. Fancy ?
    Earlier you told .. he is a member of the hacktivist group anonymous. i'm well known to this community..there is always a reason why the 'anonymous' group hacks.
    Its hard for a normal person to know why they hack it.. If you get time watch the 'anonymous documentary' to know more about it.

+ Post a Comment HERE!