Bollywood
    Bollywood is offline eTI Iron

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi Movie Review-Hindi

Advert.
    Review of Movie : Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

Director : Aditya Chopra
    Cast : Shah Rukh Khan, Anushka Sharma, Vinay Pathak

Movie Review
    Guess what, SRK aka Shahrukh Khan is here at end of the year once again with us. Showing that he is King Khan and is going to be King for many coming years. Suspense is over and we can now discuss about his latest show. Moreover, last time when Aditya Chopra directed a movie was eight years ago. And when he decided to go for a directorial venture after so many years, he opted for most obvious option ie. Shahrukh Khan.

All Sharukh fans were eagerly waiting for this movie, from the promos movie looked promising and fresh because this time KING Khan was playing a common man role. However, the movie, without any doubts reminds you of Hrikesh Mukherjee's Golmaal and even the mustache funda. You know, with mustache I am person A and without mustache I am person B (Bollywood Ishtyle).

In short, movie talks about life after a compromised marriage of a common man with a girl who is otherwise a dream for him. Movie does talk about their gradual adjustment and later on getting closer but.. but.. in Bollywood ishtyle. So, in little detail, Surinder Sahni (Shahrukh Khan) works as a clerk in Punjab Power in Amritsar. He is kind of person without any ambition and is ok with the way he is. A person who is not much into social life but a good scholar and a dedicated worker. Wearing full sleeves shirt and wearing uncle type of pants. Yes, not to forgot his mustache. This man had to marry a beautiful girl as the father of girl happens to be the mentor, professor for Surinder. For the wish of father, Taani (Anushkha Sharma) and Surinder get married but starts with a life where they barely talks to each other.

Now, Surinder who is happy to marry such a beautiful girl is not sure how to win heart of his wife. The wife on the other hand, is kind of loner now but one day she asks his husband's permission to join a dance classes and the Husband aka Surinder, who wants to see her happy nodes positively.

However, now the Bollywood ishtyle comes into action. To peep into dance classes of her wife, he undergoes a makeover with the help of his only good friend Bobby (Vinay Pathak). Expectantly, she doesn't recognize him. Eventually, he turned out to be her dance partner with new identity RAJ. Raj is another Shahrukh in this movie who is opposite to the Surinder. Raj is cool, funky and loving too. And you know unexpectedly (really?) Taani finds her falling for Raj but on the other side feeling guilty also because she is cheating on her hubby. So, twist continues and we see adventures of Raj with Taani. While Surinder plays Surinder in office hours and after that he turns into Raj (and yes no one can recognize him as Surinder.. lolz).

First thing from movie I expected was quality, recently we saw many movies on common man but mostly were small budget movies. But this one, out of his promos, raised expectations. I thought Bollywood is getting mature but interestingly, it disappoints. Come on! at one side you tried to make movie near to life and on the hand taking stupid cinematic liberties, how come a wife can't recognize her husband when only his attire and mustache is changed. Still they think that audience of India is immature. Anyways, moving further, the other thing which did not work at all was its length. Lengthy movie and hence boring at many points.

The positive aspects of movie can be Aditya Chopra's ability to present things which easily make you giggle and sometimes sheds tears too. But, there are things which will keep you glued for a while but inconsistency is there. And that is where movie mostly fails. Being a Shahrukh movie, the only thing for which you must watch movie is SRK. He is pleasure to watch in both avatars ie. as a sobby Surinder and as Rigorous Raj. Though transformation from Surinder to Raj is the most irritating point for me but it won't affect many out there. Basically movie goes on shoulders of Shahrukh who is well accompanied by fresher Anushkha Sharma. She seems so confident. Well, her looks fit this role, that is all what I can say, Justified.

However, there are instances where you can recall previous movies of Yashraj films. Even their is song full stars inspired from Om Shanti Om. Screenplay of the movie is fine. But fails to keep you engaged. Overall, because of Shahrukh you will find your paisa wasool. An entertainer with tadka of Aditya Chopra direction which will make you tied emotionally to movie. I guess, if you can accept few anomalies in terms of scripting then a good time pass for you. On the account of songs, apart of Haule Haule, I did not find any song which can be hummed by people around. And few songs added to the length and thus adding inconsistency to the movie.

I had previously rating of 3/5 for this movie but now I give 3.5/5. Reason being the praising of people who watched it with me. From this I conclude that general public will find it interesting to watch.

Do give your views about movie too!

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

Re: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi Movie Review-Hindi

i'll wait for reviews before watching.
    kamal

jasbirsingh
    jasbirsingh is offline Just in!

The message is quite clear. Raj could have been anyone else than Surinder. And thats what its attempted to portray and this is a fact of life of many a female. Here its Raj and surinder which are same but in life, Raj can be anyone with whom Taani can fall for.

Jasbir Singh

aiyub khan
    aiyub khan is offline Just in!

movie is nice according to me....because the true love of suri is never die....

makrand22
    makrand22 is offline Newbie

Well, staying in the UAE there is a definite advantage in terms of movie watching and then reviewing them, we do get to see them a day in advance, because the movie releases on a Thursday here in the UAE as compared to Friday in India. Talking about Rab Ne… I certainly thought it was a good watch, and had already considered it to be a the biggest grosser of 2008 untill of course Gajini, and I think I was right in terms of the total amount the movie made. The 2 weekends that it got before Gajini released it certainly took all the theatres in the grip of the SRK storm.
    Surinder played by SRK had features that of a very very commonish man, someone next door types and ofcourse Raj the cheap, vulgar and loud mouthed who you see on one of those not so civilized local addas. Both characters outstandingly played by SRK every detail considered to portray these 2 opposite poles.
    Anushka, the new comer is outstanding in this movie, but I seriously have doubts over her looks for some of the glam roles, maybe its just the mindset one gets after this performance. Her face is unlike those of a normal new comer who’s viable commercially but someone in the league of Gracy Singh ( Lagaan ).

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Well, for Anushkha, I agree Makrand. Her looks are more like a common good looking girl than a commercial face. But who knows she might change things, you know there is no definitive scale for beauty.

7. Advert.

makrand22
    makrand22 is offline Newbie

definitely a definitive scale... shes got an advantage of her height too, but will she make an impact or just fade away needs to be seen.

tech44
    tech44 is offline Just in!

this movie is has something new

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Quote Originally Posted by makrand22
    definitely a definitive scale... shes got an advantage of her height too, but will she make an impact or just fade away needs to be seen.
    Ya, height is a advantage for her. But I strongly feel that she might not stand for long.

@tech44
    It was entertaining but nothing new exactly!

rick39
    rick39 is offline Newbie

The movie was nice but the music was just awesome...

alok007patel
    alok007patel is offline Newbie

Story is different.
    Nice movie + Great Songs.

Cheers,
    Tapan

nishchala
    nishchala is offline Newbie

I Like the Actress very much thanks

nishchala