+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Aircel blocks my prepaid > 4 yr old sim

Advert.

SimonM
    SimonM is offline Just in!

Wink Aircel blocks my prepaid > 4 yr old sim

Advert.
    I have been using a prepaid Aircel Sim for over 4 yrs during which time the balance has rarely exceeded Rs 200 since I am a retired, 65 yr old male. I use the cell to keep in touch with relations & friends & hence do not require heavy chat/net use.
    Suddenly on 5th August I received an I day present ..... my no was blocked. On enquiry by email I was told that my no had been used for sending commercial SMS. This is not possible since the number was with me all the time and the last recharge(done online) was for Rs 68 ... so total bal was < Rs 68 as on 5/8.
    I was told to send my grievance to the Apellate authority. I tried to send the email 3 times but apparently Aircel has blocked emails & all the mails bounced.
    Personally I am inclined to get another SIM so I looked at all other service providers & I noticed a huge tariff similarity amongst them all. This speaks volumes for TRAI & Competition commission!!!
    However there is the huge problem of telling everyone my new number.
    Is there anyway to get my number back without getting ground in the wheels of our Internationally recognised bureucracy??

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    I don't think so it is possible to get this number back, infact my personal experience is that all these appellate authority and such is foax, I once tried to do similar thing, they called me many times, replied my mail but all just to fulfill that they are attending, in the end one day I received sms as case resolved.. but it was not.

I think best you can do is send a registered postal mail to TRAI office and send its copy to aircel office. And see if something can happen, meanwhile its better get new number.

+ Post a Comment HERE!