+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

How to change installed program location windows 7 to another drive

Advert.

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium

How to change installed program location windows 7 to another drive

Advert.
    I have a small problem or may be big one. I have C:\ drive in windows 7 getting filled up and now installing new program is creating trouble as there is no enough space on this drive. But I have other partition almost half empty which is larger than C:
    Now I want to move all installed programs to this new partition which is D:\ drive. So instead of C:\program files, all my files get move to D:\program files.

So what is the best way to do it ? Is there any software which can do it for me easily ?

Savera......

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    There some options available, one is to move each program individually and then modify its registry entries. For two - three programs , it may work fine but for lots of problem, you can get in trouble.

Other option is to use some software like Steammover. It was originally designed for games but it also works for all programs.

Here is download link:
    http://www.traynier.com/files/SteamM...edirects=0&d=1

Just unzip, RUN and then select your source folder and then destination folder where you want move, then click Arrow given at bottom and it should start moving programs for you.

+ Post a Comment HERE!