+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Can't connect Android Wifi Hotspot to windows 8.1 on Lenovo Thinkpad X230

Advert.

BBprobl Guest

Exclamation Can't connect Android Wifi Hotspot to windows 8.1 on Lenovo Thinkpad X230

Advert.
    I recently installed windows 8.1 on my computer and since then I am not able to use my Android phone based internet connection to my laptop through hotspot feature. I can use it on my other windows 7 based pc without problem from my phone Samsung S4.

It tried to connect to it and then ask for password and after that keeps on trying, shows message for a while that connection is taking longer than usual time and then comes error that can't connect.

I have even tried without password with open network wifi setting but then it connects but no internet and says limited connectivity., On this laptop everything was working good when windows 7 was used.

But its confusing that my other wifi connection is working on it. I can use internet from home router but not from hotspot from phone.

Any clue ?

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Windows 8.1 is known to have issue with various WIFI adapter including Broadcom, Netgear etc. If there is latest driver for windows 8.1 from manufacturer then try to use that one because Microsoft drivers are buggy. Otherwise, use old windows 7 driver, for that press ..

Windows + X --> Device Manager --> Network and right click to update drivers.

And use drivers you have in your computer.

+ Post a Comment HERE!