+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Kolkata to get free 4G WIFI service accross city by Reliance Jio

Advert.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze

Kolkata to get free 4G WIFI service accross city by Reliance Jio

Advert.
    This is disturbing news, now I regret why I don't live in Kolkata.. Reliance Jio is going to provide free WIFI across Kolkata, West Bengal .

Here is the news:

Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd, the company owned by Mukesh Ambani's flagship Reliance Industries Ltd, plans to roll out a free 4G Wi-fi service that will be available on Park Street and its neighbouring areas, including Loudon Street and Rafi Ahmed Kidwai Road, within the next 15 days.

Chief minister Mamata Banerjee made the grand announcement at the inauguration of the 39th Calcutta International Book Fair on Tuesday, stealing some of the thunder from Ambani who might have legitimately expected to unveil the 4G service for which the country has waited with increasing impatience for almost five years - ever since Reliance Jio won the radiowaves in a frenzied bidding war for broadband wireless access (BWA) spectrum in May 2010.

The free 4G Wi-fi service will be available on Park Street from February 5 and the neighbouring areas a week later.

"The work for 4G is complete and I congratulate Reliance for making Calcutta a Wi-fi city. This will transform Calcutta into a networked society - smart, simple and secure," Mamata said.

Source: 4G Wi-fi goes free on party street

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Here are more details in this picture below:

+ Post a Comment HERE!