+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

What is Soft Wifi in 3G modems like Huawei E303F or D-link DWP 157 data cards?

Advert.

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium

What is Soft Wifi in 3G modems like Huawei E303F or D-link DWP 157 data cards?

Advert.
    I am still looking for a 3G modem with built in WIFI ie. a modem which accepts SIM card to connect to 3G service and allows my devices to use internet directly through it ie. with WIFI router built in. All I can find is some dongle and portable router with powerbank but no dedicated one. One more thing I noticed that there are some cheaper 3G data cards from Huawei and Dlink also which comes with SOFT wifi for upto 5 users.

Now this is confusing, what is soft wifi and I see users complaining that they can't find WIFI sharing in modem ? For what I understand they have software based hotspot feature, can we connect them to power source directly and use internet through it on other devices or its something else ?

Just for reference , Huawei E303F , D-link DWP 157, Huawei E3531 .. all these comes with SOFT WIFI

Savera......

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    In simple words, Soft-WIFI means your computer will act as WIFI HOTSPOT. It means, you will use datacard to access internet while WIFI hardware of your computer will act as wifi Access Point for other device. Generally these devices comes bundled with soft-wifi feature in their software but you can actually convert your laptop to hotspot without it also (provided that your laptop or computer is connected to internet through other means like wired LAN or other data card etc.).

From Huawei website:

Huawei provides you Soft Wi-Fi feature wherein your laptop will act as a hotpot for your other 5 devices by using its hardware. Remain connected with
    your world from any device; anywhere, anytime.

akshat1984
    akshat1984 is offline Just in!
    Soft WiFi means that the Data card or dongle does not have inbuilt WiFi hardware and functionality but i can use the computer wifi card to create WiFi hotspot using software.

+ Post a Comment HERE!