+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Getting married to cousin in Hindu family - any chance ?

Advert.

Siva Siv
    Siva Siv is offline Just in!

Getting married to cousin in Hindu family - any chance ?

Advert.
    Hi friends,

I am in love with a girl who is my cousin ,as per relationship she is my third cousin.I am in love with her for past 10 yrs i.e since by 8th std i m 24 now & she is 3 yrs elder to me and she is 27.She also likes me very much and she is interested in marrying me .Age is not a barrier as its quite common now with even legends like Sachin , Danush, Gandhi, abhishek bachan etc getting married to girl elder than them.Now the real problem is my parents say she is my sister when it comes to relationship.Both my parents and her mom ( her dad does not know the matter) are willing to accept our love but only problem which they say is the relationship is such that we are brother & sister so cant get you both married.

Her father is my great grand-mother's elder sister's grand son.Anyone reading this thread can you pls tell me can we can married is it wrong to do so.We love each other so much and they are eager to get her married in her house.My parents are saying me to complete my ca final exam then will decide.Suggestions are welcomed.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Bro, in Muslims cousins usually get married to each other and there are many benefit of it (though some downfall too) but its nothing odd, even there are certain region in India where in Hindu community, this is common.

Moreover, you are not in close relationship at all, she is your distant relative and you know what technically we all are distant relatives to each other. There were scientific as well as social region to disallow marriage among relatives in older days which is ofcouse not that effective in today
    s diversified world.

Being Muslim, even I oppose marriage in with close relatives but I am fine with distant relationship. But your case, I am sorry but it is like you have to revolt else you won't get what need. Or, else consult some religious intellect who can guide you if it is really possible even remotely. May be you can do research online about gotra and marriage in etc.

Hoping to good for you!
    Last edited by Aarish Rizvi; 02-12-2015 at 12:12 AM.

sauravsony5u
    sauravsony5u is offline Newbie
    I am in the same situation. cud u pleas3 contact me at sauravsony5u at zee male dot com

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Saurav bro, what you want to discuss over email which can't be discuss here ?

sauravsony5u
    sauravsony5u is offline Newbie
    Hello siv I am in the same situation. Plz contact me at sauravsony5u at zee male dot com

+ Post a Comment HERE!