+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Maharajah Culinary style trivia and facts

Advert.

Radhikafoodtriv
    Radhikafoodtriv is offline Just in!

Maharajah Culinary style trivia and facts

Advert.
    Hi, I searched over the internet and found some interesting Maharajah Culinary style trivia and facts which I would like to share with you. Found this forum to be apt to share this post. It is about how the Indian Maharajah preferred the food and what were the reasons. Happy Reading

Maharaja of Benaras Culinary Style
    The Maharajas of Banaras royal family could have made Ripley's Believe It or Not as by tradition they are required to lead austere lifestyles, and one of the unwritten laws in the Holy City is that nobody, but nobody must witness them while they are dining. The reason being that Banaras Maharajas are Bhumiar Brahmins who believe that eating and drinking are a man's most personal habits. Nobody should be privy to these habits. Not even other members of the royal family. So they have always eaten in purdah. Strictly by themselves.
    This tradition is still being carried on by His Highness Anant Narain Singh, the 10th Maharaja of Banaras, who has never been seen while eating or drinking.

Maharaja of Baroda Culinary Style
    Baroda’s Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III used to a cow with him on his trip to Europe. He wanted to ensure he got pure milk and ghee as he was very concerned about proper food preparation.

Maharaja of Mysore Culinary Style
    Kanteerava Narasaraja (Wodeyar) of Mysore (1638-59) enjoyed tasteful bites served by charming women.
    But the women had to possess certain qualities of beauty to serve the fastidious king.
    “Their faces had to shine like the full moon, bells tinkling around their waists and bangles jingling on their wrists as they served the food. The women were enchanting, with anklets ringing sweetly announcing their arrival.”

The Chefs of the Maharajah's Style
    The kitchens of royal India were nothing but lavish. According to Dharmender Kanwar, author of Royal Cuisines of India - "There was great competition between chefs, who tried to surprise the royalty by serving stuffed wild boars/peacock etc. The wealthy made a show of prosperity by serving these hunted animals.
    Chefs liked to stun their guests in various ways, for example - Live birds flew out when a piece of the puri was broken (then made by the chefs of Sailana royal family). Chefs were often sent abroad for training.

Share some awesome facts if you happen to have some so. I have many other such awesome facts to share which I will do in my next post.

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium
    ?

What is that?

You are fan of Royal life ? Ofcourse they have power and money and all for one person ie. Maharaja or King.. so living such life was obvious.

Savera......

Radhikafoodtriv
    Radhikafoodtriv is offline Just in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Savera View Post
    ?

What is that?

You are fan of Royal life ? Ofcourse they have power and money and all for one person ie. Maharaja or King.. so living such life was obvious.
    Hello,
    Yes I am a fan of Royal Life. I get astonished too going by the Maharajah Culinary style trivia and facts and so shared the same.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    Thanks for sharing it here, I am glad you did it . Actually it took me a little while to figure out what the post is about.. :P

But no problem, atleast you now responded to my last comment

+ Post a Comment HERE!