+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

How much I legally own in property or house build by my decesead mother ?

Advert.

namita-goyal Guest

How much I legally own in property or house build by my decesead mother ?

Advert.
    Dear Sir / Madam,

I am a married woman and I am seeking help about my rights in property (house) which was built by my deceased mother by her own earning. When she passed away, my father got its legal ownership somehow and now I don't have any name in it. So I want to know how can I get my part in this property. What are my rights and how to claim that . I want to add that I am not living in that house and my father will not allow me to live in there either. He is also not very supportive.

shanu yadav
    shanu yadav is offline eTI Member
    I am not a lawyer but I can give you some advice as I have seen things like this. Now since your mother passed away , did she leave any bill or WILL before that ? If yes, then things will go as per that WILL but if there is no WILL then now your father is legal owner and all of his heirs (son and daughters) get equal right in that property after him. Now its all depends upon him, he is owner of the property at the moment you may not get anything unless he is willing to you give you. I think you should consult a local lawyer and go with more details like what was source of income of your mother, how she acquired that land.. (through ancestor or she built herself) etc.

+ Post a Comment HERE!