+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Netbeans 8.0.2 error - Invalid jdkhome specified

Advert.

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium

Netbeans 8.0.2 error - Invalid jdkhome specified

Advert.
    Since we have programming section on eTI, I thought to share problem I am facing, I have Netbeans 8.0.2 installed on my computer which I occasionally use for basic program editing. Since last few days, I am facing strange problem with it, though it is working but on startup there is an error , if I press YES, it works fine and without problem and then again error pops up next time I start computer.

Error says:
    Invalid jdkhome specified
    Cannot locate Java installation in specified jdkhome:
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_40
    Do you want to try to use default version.

I think error is with Java installation, do I need to reinstall Java ? But then how it is working if Java is at not right place after pressing yes ?

Savera......

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    There’s is an easy way to fix this. Navigate to your NetBeans installation folder which by default should be C:\Program Files\NetBeans and look for the folder etc. Inside that folder should be a file with the name netbeans.conf. What you need to do is to open the file with your favorite text reader (notepad as an example) and look for the line that starts with netbeans_jdkhome=.

You simply need to modify the line in order to point Netbeans to the the location of the java jdk version you are currently have installed. It should look something like this netbeans_jdkhome=”C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_05″. If you are unsure what version you have installed navigate to your java’s installation folder (the default path is C:\Program Files\Java) and look for folder there.

Thanks to : NetBeans invalid jdkhome specified fix | Fluxbytes

+ Post a Comment HERE!