+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Applying for Passport with Passport Application on hold in a different city.

Advert.

1nitinnishant
    1nitinnishant is offline Just in!

Applying for Passport with Passport Application on hold in a different city.

Advert.
    Hi
    i had applied for a new passport in 2014 in Manglore PSK , Karnataka when i was in college but due to some personal problems , i couldn't complete the whole process and its still on hold on the 'police verification' step.
    Now my college is over and i have come back to my hometown Patna . I want to apply for the passport here but an agent said that i will have to go back to Manglore and personally cancel the application there which has been on hold for more than 6 months . Then only i can apply fresh for a new passport here in Patna. Please tell me, is there a way to avoid going back to Manglore .

Nitin Nishant

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Hi Nitin, Welcome to eTI forums.

First of all, you should manage your passport application yourself online, its pretty easy and straight forward. Now coming to your problem, cancelling request for passport is as easy as writing an application and submitting it to proper PSK. Just explain the actual thing and do not hide any information, most of the time guys at PSK are helpful.

And its true that you can apply for fresh passport only if there is previous application with OPEN status.

+ Post a Comment HERE!