+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Weight training for fast fat loss for 24 year old mail

Advert.

sh365
    sh365 is offline Just in!

Weight training for fast fat loss for 24 year old mail

Advert.
    Hi,
    I am 24yr. male. My weight is 70 k.g. and height is 155cm.
    I want to reduce 10 kg of weight in 2 months.

Currently i doing following workouts.
    10 mins treadmill
    200 skipping ropes
    100 windmill
    25 x 2 jumping jacks
    15 x 2 left lunges
    15 x 2 right lunges
    15 x 2 squat
    15 x 2 reverse crunches
    15 x 2 crunches
    10 x 2 knee pushups
    30 sec x 2 planks

My diet:
    8 am - 1 cup fruit salad
    11 am - 3 chapatis and 1 bowl sabji
    2 p.m. - 2 chapatis and 1 bowl sabji
    8 pm - 2 chapatis and 1 bowl sabji

I am novice to the weight training so please suggest some of it which can help to reduce weight fast. Most of my weight is accumulated on stomach region.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    Its very good that you wanted change yourself and have resorted to physical exercise. It not only gives you better health, it also makes you more disciplined, positive than people who shy away from workout.

However, weight training is something different as you may think. Weight training means involving weights in your exercise with certain type of exercise pattern with weight heavy enough that you can't do more than 8-10 repetition in each set. It is primarily targeted on building muscle than weight loss.

From my experience, I will suggest you to make combination of weight training + cardiovascular exercise to achieve the desired weight loss. However, loosing 10 kg in 2 months is not realistic goal considering your current stats. But yes, you can go close to it. Also, loosing weight all of sudden is never advised as it causes unwanted issues, gradual loss is always good.

And also if you follow a good program, whether you loose desired weight or not, your appearance will improve drastically. You need to work on your diet also. Starving yourself is not the right weight loose program.

So, to make it simple, first of all you have to increase protein portion in your diet. Generally it is advised to have about 30% of calories of your daily diet to come from protein. Egg white, little bit of Soya products and milk products should be helpful to achieve it.

Now coming to workout, I will not go in details but your goal should not be just loosing weight but also making your body more in shape.

For serious weight loss, you need to put a lot more effort you can ever think, you should divide your workout activity in two parts:

Morning --> Cardiovascular for fat loss
    Evening --> Alternate days weight training for bringing shape to your body.

So, lets do it like this,

Note :

1. I am assuming that you are already used to do cardio, so suggesting 1 hour time else if you are new then you can start with 15 minutes program and increase it 5 minute increment daily. You may also skip a day or two if you feel your body is still tired.
    2. We will not count anything by reps, rather will count on based of time, reps are suitable for weight workout.
    3. Take weight count every 3 days
    4. Make a notebook and keep track of your daily workout.

Everyday - Mon-Sun --> Fasting Cardio ie. empty stomach for 1 hours .
    You can following in any order :
    Running on treadmill - atleast 15-20 mins
    Jumping Jacks for atleast 10-15 minutes (take 1 min break if you get tired)
    Skimping ropes (Min 10-15 minutes)
    In remaining time you may add crunches and planks however, remember, crunches only builds your abdominal muscles, not very beneficial to weight loss which is contrary to common belief.

Above program will drastically improve your cardiovascular health + weight loss and will increase your stamina, you may add lunges on alternate days as people get bored doing some exercise daily.

Now the important part, the weight training :
    Note :
    1. Keep your workout routine limited to 45 mins including rest (generally 1 min each set)
    2. Choose weight in which you get to failure by 9th or 10th rep.
    3. This routine should be followed no more than 3 months and after that we need to change.

Alternate Days Evening:
    MON:
    Biceps and Chest
    10x4 reps flat bench press
    10x4 Inclined dumbell fly
    10x4 Cheaters curl
    10x4 Preacher curl
    10x4 Chin-ups (or whichever suitable for you)

WED:
    BACK and Triceps
    10x4 Lat Pulldown
    10x4 Bent-Over One Arm Dumbbell Rows
    10x4 Bent over barbell Row
    10x3 Seated tricep Press
    10x4 Reverse Grip Triceps Pushdown

FRI:
    Shoulder and Legs
    10x4 Barbell Shoulder Press
    10x4 Dumbell lateral raise
    10x4 Pull ups
    10x4 Squat
    10x4 Leg extension

SUN:
    OFF

There are lots of things we can do, make it even better but for start its good, you are doing weight training on 3 days a week, daily you are doing cardio. Some compound exercises are there each workout session. Now all you need is to follow it with dedication. If you feel you can't follow exactly, you can mend it a little as per your convenience but do not alter too much.

Also, for diet, as said , morning cardio should be empty stomach. But right after cardio, take some protein rich diet with carbohydrates. You can take a glass of milk + 4 egg whites + some salad as you usually do or simply take a protein shake with carbs.

Take your regular food as you are doing now ie. chapati + sabzi (but keep chapati limited to 2 in each meal) however add 2 egg whites in each meal or some other protein food like soya.

Important : After each weight workout, take around 30 gm protein + lots of complex carbs within hour else you will not get full benefit. Protein shake with carbs are highly advisable as are easy to take and digest.

If you can eat non-veg then can add chicken in your routine like in evening meal, add 300 gm of chicken instead of eggs. It took more almost 2 hours to draft this routine for you, hopefully it will help and remember, there is no perfect routine or workout, it depends on lots of various other factors but I think for now should be good for you.

Your Dedication is what is required most now.

sh365
    sh365 is offline Just in!
    Thank You very much Ricky for your valuable reply. I will try my best to follow the workout plan you have suggested. Can you suggest any alternative to egg as i m pure veg and also my family is not gonna allow it.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    I think then easiest and simplest is to buy Whey protein, there are some cost effective brand that may help you like Muscleblaze, Venkey's etc. You can buy Whey protein concentrate and use as post workout drink. But for every meal, you need to take some sort of protein rich diet, you may resort to Oats , like add a bowl of oats in your food and remove a chapati. You may also use chickpeas (chana) - rajma etc. sabzi instead of regular veg and use salad for fibers with every meal.

If you are going follow above routine then on average you will need around 130-140 gm of protein daily, so if you are eating 100 gms daily, then body digest absorbs about 80%. You may search internet for protein rich veg diet.

+ Post a Comment HERE!