+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Should I buy Intel Compute Stick or Android TV stick using Television as Computer?

Advert.

Mayank Arora
    Mayank Arora is offline eTI Iron

Should I buy Intel Compute Stick or Android TV stick using Television as Computer?

Advert.
    Friends, recently intel launched "Compute Stick" and made it difficult to buy TV stick because I was looking for a good TV stick to convert my TV into computer and also entertainment center. But now it is also launched which is priced at Rs. 9999 on flipkart and it comes with windows 8.1 and also it is said that will be upgradable to windows 10. Now that is making lucrative.

But my need is that I want watch TV over internet and so I am buying a computer stick. So what will I loose if I choose an Android stick over Intel compute stick which comes with 32GB inbuilt memory and 2 GB RAM. The other stick of Android I am looking for has also 2GB RAM and has 4K video support but only 8GB inbuilt storage.

This is hell lot confusing to me and I want to make my purchase very soon or else I will have to cancel it.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    My advice is that if you are buying to mainly watch TV over internet then buy Android based stick because to watch TV over stick you will need some apps and I think those apps are not available on windows platform yet. But window's stick will look very cool on big TV.

Anyways, on the other hand if you want drop in replacement for your PC then definitely go for windows stick ie. intel compute stick.

Also, I feel that you get more gaming power with android stick as compared to intel compute stick. So your stick can double as gaming platform too. Just attach a console and you are good to go.

+ Post a Comment HERE!