+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Sony DSC-HX400V vs a real DSLR like Nikon D5500 - what are the differnce.

Advert.

Haqz
    Haqz is offline eTI Member

Sony DSC-HX400V vs a real DSLR like Nikon D5500 - what are the differnce.

Advert.
    This is a new section and I have some questions those are bugging me from long because I don't have any friend who uses DSLR and I have a Sony DSC-HX400V 20.4 MP Point and Shoot Digital Camera which I purchased recently for Rs. 24000. I have used point to shoot cheaper camera in past and this one is very very good as compared to my past experience. Basically I am loving it but somewhere I have doubt that with some more money spent , I could have bought a proper entry level dslr like canon 1200D. It cost almsot same to my point to shoot camera and is a proper dslr.

And because I have no experience with dslr , I want to know what is major difference between my Sony HX400V and a regular DSLR and what I am missing when I purchased this over a regular dslr. Should I buy a new DSLR like latest Nikon d5500 if I want to get expert in photography. I have not used it a lot but some casual travelling and served me well but I think I can do better if I get DSLR .. or I am just worrying too much ?

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium
    DSC HX100V is good camera if you see it from the way of point to shoot. It comes with carl ziess lens, that is only available in very high priced lens which costs lot more than camera itself. It has 50x optical zoom which translates into about 1200mm zoom in DSLR which will again cost fortune to get as lens. It has fair amount of manual control like DSLR and have good quality image. If you are hobbyist then you can do very well with it as you learn more.

So, in my opinion you only loose ability to change lens over DSLR, but you have more advantage for everyday use. However, if you are into something professional, you will need to change camera because lenses plays a very important role in professional photography.

Savera......

+ Post a Comment HERE!